Need help identifying an actuator

Trannyman95

If anyone can tell me if this is a stock or heavy duty actuator it would be a great help! It was purchased from fullthrottle speed about a year ago and I have them the number on it but havent heard back yet. I believe it was a standard replacement adjustable actuator but I need to very what it really is to know what action I need to take to bring boost levels down. Here are the numbers on the sticker.....

1011-673

It is being used on a TE60 turbo, 4" inlet and 2.5" outlet and this is just the stock turbo replacement actuator but is sitting pretty low under the outlet of the compressor housing. If anyone has any pics IF they have this turbo arrangement it would help out! The TE actuator that fts sells wont fit this turbo so we were able to drill a new hole in this one and it fit fine but I am open to make something else work if this is being a problem.

The turbo that you have, if it has a TO4S compressor cover (4" inlet, 2.5" discharge GARRETT letters on the scroll and .70 A/R) it will take a very specific adapter bracket to be able to bolt a non modified wastegate actuator. Non modified means, no E cover bracket welded to it. Precision Turbo sells this bracket. If you call them, tell them that you need the adapter bracket for a Garrett TO4S style compressor cover with all the hardware.
Might have to speak to Jim, but he'll take care of you.

Unfortunately, I can't remember if those numbers are for HD or Standard. I will check my HD actuator later tonight and get back with you. Unless someone beats me to the punch.
The easy way to tell is, if you can easily pull the actuator rod by hand, it's a standard spring, if it's very very hard to pull, it's a heavy duty.

Patrick

Thanks guys! Im not sure what pulls out EASY should feel like, I dont think I can pull it much more than half way out pulling as hard as I can on it! The problem we are having is that the car at WOT wont go under 19 psi. I have the line from the compressure housing port directly on the actuator port, nothing in between the two just a straight shot of full boost which should give me the lowest boost level if I am not mistaken. The engine may make this different as it is a Series 2 3800 with ported heads and a moderate sized cam. I get 15-16 psi at between 50 and 75% throttle and dont want it over that and the two times I have gone 100% throttle for a second to see what the boost does it went to 19, this is also in 3rd gear at higher rpm. Because of the bottom end I am trying to keep boost down to around 15-16 for every day use but is becoming a concern now so that is why I was asking about the actuator. When the old 3.8 engine was in the car we ran 25ish psi boost and that was with only a few turns in from even with the actuator rod, so it has always seemed like th boost has been on the high side.

FTS confirmed also that this is the standard actuator. Does anyone have any ideas as to why boost wont go under 19? I am going to say it is not because of this engine setup because it was high on the old engine as well. I would love to see a pic if anyone has one of the actuator arrangement with the correct bracket AND if you were able to keep your boost lower than what I am running into. If I knew the bracket would help I would likely order and am trying to get this car ready to go to the track this Weds

Trannyman I have a GT6152E and the stock wastegate actuator from fullthrottlespeed with an L67 and my wastegate consistently opened around 12.5psi with intense stage 3 heads and a stage 3 turbo cam.

Some simple things to check: Did you check the wastegate puck clearance on the downpipe before install? Can you use a pair of pliers and move the wastegate now and get any movement? Are you certain nothing got stuck in the boost/vac lines during the install? You may have got a bad wastegate, or you could port the wastegate hole...

I talked to Precision and they suggested talking to Mike at FullThrottleSpeed so I was able to get ahold of him and run past him what was going on. He suggest porting out the wastegate hole and blending a nice radius towards the exhaust inlet side of the turbine housing and how I should grind the rest of it to match. That was the only change I made and it dropped me down to the 16.5-17 range so I am definately happy with that and at least can go WOT and not worry about what the boost will do now! This turbo did the exact same thing on the old 3.8 that was in the car but we always ran it in the 24-26 psi range, completely different engine but same turbo and actuator. just trying to be cautious since I am trying to get a base tune on it before we go to the track for some more testing. Went from an old 3.8 with stock heads, manifolds and XR1 cam to S2 3800, ported heads, Stattama Stg2 cam, custom fwd swept headers merging right into the turbo flange. There is almost no lag, boost comes in instantly which is a LOT more than I can say for how lazy it was on the old engine!

Keep me posted on what kind of boost/timing/afr/shifting you do on that motor! I have a fairly "similar" setup. What turbo is it again?

Edit: P.S. I'd KILL for forward swept headers on my setup... AAARRRRGGGHHH