You can type here any text you want

Need Help. Low Battery Voltage

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jas89TTA

On my way home tonight the battery volts with the scanmaster were around 10.3-11.4 while driving normal.Just Before I noticed that I was accelerating into traffic and the car started to sputter like a miss or something, This would be related to the low voltage right? It's strange because when I left work my battery volts were high around 14.6 and they were usually around 13.2 or so. I think the alt may be bad It was just rebuilt about 1 1/2years ago. My main concern is the sputtering problem. I just wanted to see if they could be related. Thanks, Jason

Well, my volts are 14.1 with a rebuilt alternator. It could cause sputtering as the fuel pump might not be getting full electrical current thus less fuel. Also, the coil pack might not be getting full power and that could cause the sputtering also.

Jason

That's what I'm hoping is causing it. I'll pull the alt off and have it checked at the parts store tomorrow.

When I 1st got my TTA it did the same sputtered, and even backfired once or twice then would excelerate. Noticed the battery voltage was around 10-11 volts and the car would stall sometimes and then require a jump to start back up. Measured the voltage at the battery with a VOM across the terminals while running and the voltage was only around 10 volts or so...bad charging system (alternator). I installed a new/rebuilt unit and voltage was back up to 14 volts or so and all sputtering, backfires, and stalling was gone. These high voltage ignition systems need at least 12 volts to funtion properly...get below that and they start to act up.

-Scott

Yeah, I was planning on getting one of those Optima Batteries (I think thats right) I just pulled the alt off but I think I found the sputter, I pulled the plugs a few days ago and just now was looking over it all and the #2 wire was not fully on the plug :redface: Opps but the battery volts were at 11.1 this morning on start up.

Back