You can type here any text you want

Need help modding a motor.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Goat

I heart Boost and DRs...
Im going to start building some areas on my 87 model motor thats in my s10. I have sloved my traction and stopping issues now.

I have been told to port my heads cause of the bowl being restrictive real bad. However how much do I port them?

Also with this being a stock engine which turbo is up from the stock one that dont cause the internals to change?

Im looking into the chip,injectors, and slightly larger turbo. Is there any other mods that I need to look into for this?

leave the stock motor alone unless ya want to go low 11s.. We ran a stocker for years in the mid 11s. 44 turbo, 36# inj, 3" downpipe and Alky .. Oh a Turbo tweak chip to. Keep it simple !! you'll be glad you did !!:cool:

see Im trying to keep it simple man and I have been told head work and upgrade from a stock turbo to a 44 or 49 I cant remember. Trying to make alot of power and be simple cause this is still a streetable truck.

The best thing you can do to the heads is grind out the ristriction in the valve pockets directly under the valves to the size of the valve. Beyond that, go to Champion or TA aluminum heads. Putting bigger intake valves in the stock heads and porting them is not worth the work.

leave the stock motor alone unless ya want to go low 11s.. We ran a stocker for years in the mid 11s. 44 turbo, 36# inj, 3" downpipe and Alky .. Oh a Turbo tweak chip to. Keep it simple !! you'll be glad you did !!:cool:

x2. Baby steps. Turbo upgrade is either the TE44 or TA49. The 49 looks more stock with the 2 piece bell. The 44 has a 1 piece bell and flows about 50 cfms more. Add alchy and you will have all you can handle. Play with that and once you start getting bored with it, then you can start thinking about ripping into the motor and spending mucho dinero. KISS--keep it simple, stupid.

Yes sir! is it possibly for me to put some av gas in this thing and be safe?

Yes sir! is it possibly for me to put some av gas in this thing and be safe?

NOPE !! 93 and Alky works great !!! We have gone 9.9 @ 138+ in a street GN.. Hell my heavy 92 Olds wagon went 12.7s.. It weighs 4400#s :eek:

Holy crap Im not trying to roll that fast cause the truck is taking victims already and hooking perfecly now since I did some link setup.

Back