You can type here any text you want

Need HELP. Oil smoke out tail pipes.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

griffgoody

Been working on my T-type that has been stored for 8 yrs. Worked out alot of bugs. Running good. But the back of the motor is wet with oil. Not coming from intake gasket (been replaed). Valve cover gaskets are good. It seems like it is coming from the backside of the headers (stock headers). When you drive the car. Or on start up. The car has smoke coming out both pipes. Not a whole lot. Do you think this is coming from the turbo. If so, what is needed. Or what should I check or do. John

If from the turbo, you will have to remove the d/p and check for oil. Check for play in the shaft while you are there.

Have you tried running your hand behind the intake and the back of the v/cover w/ a paper towel?

Have you tried running your hand behind the intake and the back of the v/cover w/ a paper towel?
Yes I have. Not wet behind intake or v covers. Prob just have to take my d/p off. And if its oil in the d/p. Does that mean the turbo is bad. Or just a bad seal or fitting. Tks

Check for shaft play on the turbo if none you may just need a new seal.

Back