You can type here any text you want

Need help spending $1500

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

craigs89tta

Hi everybody, I am new to the board.

I'd like to get a good opinion on where I should spend the next 1500 on my car. My mods are listed in my sig and no NOS please. I would perfer to keep it all motor with the turbo, but I am sorta stumped on what I should add next.

Any opinions would be helpful.

Thx.

I'd be looking for a fuel system next if I were in your shoes and some tires didn't see them listed.........................

Cam, rear end, plan on new shortblock :D with girdle ;) , tubular K-member, roll bar, nice shifter, electronic boost controller, NOS kit, alky kit, and work on lightening the car???

Hows that?

If you can do that for $1500 Hook me up! ;) It's costing me a little more than twice that for a complete rebuild and some headwork....... Thats without billet caps or girdle just good ole arp studs.........

Just gonna tune for low 11's and enjoy it for once..........

Then maybe a bonzai run later on.......................

Hey he said 1500.. so I threw mod ideas I didnt see in his sig..

You can do a girdle and shortblock for 1500. having the parts pretty much. Actually on a girdle you dont buy the caps.. one or the other.

Just busting your chops! I know you didn't mean them as a complete set of mods. Girdled shortblock for $1500 even that is a good deal. Usually cost $3000 for a decent performance rebuild using stock components and forged pistons.

T brake for consistant launches...more boost at the line as well. You pretty much have all the good stuff as it is. I agree with Julio on the girdle thing....I'd do one myself if it would fit with the stock K member!

After that post by Steve, dunno bout the K-member deal. Wonder if my local chassis shop could cut into the crossmember and clearance it for the deeper oil pan... and keep the strength.. like they notch the rear frame ????

Doesn't the center part of the k member unbolt? If so you could fab a new center angled to drop down a bit to use the exsisting oil pan. Gotta look next time on the lift..........

You could always hack out an inch of oil pan shorten the pickup and weld it back to gain the room for the girdle as well. Anyone know if any tb guys new or old has used hard blok fill helps sbc's, should do the same for us...........

Back