You can type here any text you want

Need help tuning again

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turboaddict2

Currently I been running 22 lbs. in 1st and 2nd gear and 21 in 3rd and 4th. From a roll of say 50 mph I don't get knock when I mash on it. Car feels good. Its been happening from a stop now. Car feels really strong at 22 lbs. at the low end and I always get tire spin with my street radials. I have my pump speed at 9, single nozzle, fp at 45 line off, turn on point at 10 lbs. Everytime from a stop I'll sometimes brake boost or just mash it from idle and hit 22 lbs. pretty fast and I see the knock gauge lights slowly go up...when I see the third green I get off it. Should I just have the turn on point really low like 8 lbs.? Raise fuel pressure? I even press the button before I get on it and still get knock. Using an eric marshall chip with 21 degrees in 1st and 2nd and 19 in 3rd and 4th.

From a dead stop at what MPH on the scanmaster does the peak knock occur?

Could be shift or wheelspin knock, especially if you get no knock from a roll and in 3rd gear under load.

I'm gonna get on it from a roll and in 3rd gear some more to make sure there is no knock under those conditions.

Well today when I went WOT from a stop and then had to let off after the third green light I got 4 degrees at 33 with o2's of 839 according to the SM.

If your car spools really fast..then the only fix is setting a very low turnon point(bog), go to a twin stage system, or use a progressive controller. Period

Try this..fire the system as you mash the pedal and tell us if the knock is still there???

If not..your car needs alky at a lower turnon..but this has problems of bogging the motor..hence the three fixes listed in paragraph one.

Do a search under PAC..I wrote about this months ago :)

Back