You can type here any text you want

Need help with electrical problem(s) Code 13, Code 42

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MRP78

The car has been running fine till a couple days ago. After I would start off when the car had been shut off for a while, maybe 30 mins to an hour, after driving and getting up to normal temp the SES light would come on. I checked and it had a code 13 O2 sensor. I cleared the code and it hasn't come back yet. Today I took it to fill up with gas. Left it running while filling up, then started off and drove a little ways and it started cutting out then it would come back. The SES light came on again and it started running rough and eventually died. I checked the codes again and it was a 42. I tried to start it back and it would start then die. I cleared the codes again and it cranked and I was able to make it home. Any ideas on what might be going on? It's basically stock but has the basic bolt ons LS1 Maf and translator, 60 lb injectors, Alkycontrol kit, TA49, Precision intercooler, extender chip, ATR stainless exhaust, larger downpipe, heated O2 sensor and probably some other things I've probably forgotten. Recently I've replaced a heater core, fixed the A/C, and had some brake and powermaster problems and I replaced the pump motor and accumulator, proportioning valve and rear brake hardware and pads.

loose or bad connector at the ignition module? Corrosion or water in the ECM connector? Direct Scan would set 42's on my car years ago.

loose chip socket?

(code 42 is odd, as lots of wierd things can set it)

Bob

Would the MAF translator have anything to do with it?
It appears to be wired into the coil pack harness.

If I drive the car a short distance of about 2 miles and let it get up to operating temperature then turn it off for about an hour then get back in it while it's still warm but not up to full temperature, but in open loop it seems to throw a code 13 and SES light shortly after I start off. Drive a little bit further and the SES light goes off. Does this sound like a bad O2 sensor or something else going on?

Bob or anyone else have any additional thoughts on this that may help pinpoint the issues?

Code 13 is a open o2 circuit. I would replace the sensor and take it from there.

Rick

Back