You can type here any text you want

Need help with factory jack

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
I can not figure out how the factory jack and factory lug wrench is mounted in my car , was doing some cleaning and found it wasn't put back at some point , before me , anyway any pics would help , I can be a little OCD sometimes . Thank Y'all Keith

I don't think that mystery has been solved for the last 30 years. Good Luck

I recall Dennis kirban guessing there were only ten people in the country that knew how to do it lol, him being one of them..

I can not figure out how the factory jack and factory lug wrench is mounted in my car , was doing some cleaning and found it wasn't put back at some point , before me , anyway any pics would help , I can be a little OCD sometimes . Thank Y'all Keith

I will take some pictures tomorrow as mine has never been taken out. To much whiskey tonight to take any pictures

6614a9725ebcac40a63b7ae1ad73530b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Hey guys thanks a lot , I have the way in the pictures but don't know which way to put the pointed end where it is supposed to be

Place chisel end in between the Jack lift arm an wrench side down.
uploadfromtaptalk1457537632405.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Hey Guys thanks alot , I will figure it and thanks for the pics my friends and yea 1952RAY the whiskey was good last night and not to bad right now

kirban 2 cents worth as it has been pointed out at best maybe 10 buick owners can remove jack assembly and the two studs and put it back again. Me being one of them Richard Clark probably would be number two the person at Buick that did the jack directions illustrations would be third...he certainily had a bit of humor!

Could be a good contest at a Buick event....reason I got good at it because having about over 300 of these jewels be surprised how many did not have the jack reinstalled correctly...when I would buy these cars I always started in the trunk and worked my way forward on detailing and fixing various mistakes others made.

here is a neat tidbit...

the black plastic knob you know why it is slotted? it is slotted so you can use that end to undo the wing nuts.....I suggest you cheat a little use some duct tape to secure the wrench at the top end.....

No amount of profanity will help you with the project....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Leave it out less weight quicker car.....

short story about a jack......

bought a 1987 Turbo T met the owner in small town Lake Wales Florida for dinner tested the car no issues ate dinner came out after dinner owner went home I went to start the turbo Buick and nothing just a click...figured started was locked up Pete Serio the window rattle guy was with me...we had no tools so we opened the trunk the jack was all intact never used. guess what the wing nuts were like frozen to the studs...no amount of effort would break them lose finally had to bust one out of the bracket to free up the wrench handle and tap the starter to get the car started....at this Point Pete said I will drive your Caddy home you can drive the Buick!!!! I had a black on black ETC eldorado....

true story so every time we stopped for gas food etc left the car running blocked it in with the Caddy.....

I'm one of them. :) I'm into restoration and sat for hours messing with my trunk to bring it back to day one standards. It IS tricky but if I'VE figured it out I know you guys can. Let me know if you need anything else.

I really don't think it can go back like it came from the factory , I have it the best I can lol , If it was to fall it could dent the crap out of the inside fender

I really don't think it can go back like it came from the factory , I have it the best I can lol , If it was to fall it could dent the crap out of the inside fender

It sure can. Mine did. If those dummies on the line can put it in like that, so can I :)

Here you go, mine has never been taken out

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    821.3 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    966.2 KB · Views: 104
Back