You can type here any text you want

need help with hesitation

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blackgn1

Set on TSM Boost
1987 GN. Has new fuel pump, hotwire, fuel filter, and 42lbs injectors. Has injector pulse on all injectors. Fuel pressure comes up with boost. Fuel system is ruled out.:biggrin: Has new crank sensor installed properly. New spark plus and wires. Changed for a known good set. Grounds all all good. Scanmaster numbers all all dead on. This car has hesitation from 0-30mph. Also backfires. From 30mph on everything is perfect. Runs like an animal. We have fought this for weeks. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Car is stock except for TT chip for the setup, RJC power plate, 42lbs injectors, and LS1 MAF sensor and translator. 14lbs boost at wot. I'm thinking something is going on inside the engine? Compression check come back with 4 cylinders at 165 and two at 160.

try changing O2 sensor. i had a bad one with same hesitation and change for a new sensor and it helped.

Umplugging the cam sensor wont tell you if its set right.

Is it set right?

Is the tab/reluctor ring in the cam sensor good and secure? Not bent or tab sheared off?

Is your balancer secure?

Have you tried free revving up to 2-3k and seeing how it acts in park?

Brand new 02 sensor. Balancer is tight and running true. Can't say for sure if the Can sensor is set properly. That's a place to start but have my doubts.

Back