You can type here any text you want

Need help with possessed Horn ! !

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNGAL

86 GN T-Top
Hi... I need help fixing my horn. :confused: When the horn button is removed, just tapping the steering wheel will set the horn off. It also happens randomly when I go around corners. Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks,
Kristina

sounds like the power wire may be chafed and rubbing on metal, or the horn button can also be the problem. otherwise, your going to need a wiring diagram to check for short to positive or short to ground

horn

Later AJ

Attachments

• horn.jpg
    horn.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 149
Sounds like operator error to me!!! Before you rip into the column, let's check the simple stuff first.

I had same problem with my 84. the foam between the metal plates was wore out and allowed the plates to touch. just add something to replace the foam and it should help.

I had same problem with my 84. the foam between the metal plates was wore out and allowed the plates to touch. just add something to replace the foam and it should help.

x2...your issue is the horn button/switch/round part that the pin that transfers voltage to the switch or the trigger wire (black) inside the column.

Back