You can type here any text you want

Need help with rear axle code

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

first64

I've done a search and can't seem to figure out the axle tube code. I just bought this rear it's suppose to be a GN rear. It is a 8.5 with a 410508N Posi carrier. I didn't check the ratio yet. From what I can make out on the axle tube it reads: 6TP G 147. I can't find this '6TP' any where. The pumpkin doesn't look like a Olds it only has one support rib on each side. Is there anything else I can check to confirm it's a GN rear?

Thanks for any help.

I've done a search and can't seem to figure out the axle tube code. I just bought this rear it's suppose to be a GN rear. It is a 8.5 with a 410508N Posi carrier. I didn't check the ratio yet. From what I can make out on the axle tube it reads: 6TP G 147. I can't find this '6TP' any where. The pumpkin doesn't look like a Olds it only has one support rib on each side. Is there anything else I can check to confirm it's a GN rear?

Thanks for any help.

Limited rears should be 3TP for Buick and 3TJ for conventional rears.

Although it might be from an 84 Gn it has a "6TP" code for 8.5 rear.. limited slip.

Back