Need HELP!

RobR

formerly TTA 1387
Hey guys,
I've got a strange problem going on. So far its left me stranded and had to get rolled back home.

This past weekend, I went up to Englishtown for SLP day. About 50 miles into the trip, my car started missing then backfire then die. It wouldn't start unless I wiped the memory in the computer. Then I'd go until it did it again. Many times until I got to the hotel. Fooled around with some things and drove it around. Seemed to be OK. Went to the track with no problems, made 3 passes, no problems. Decided to go home and about 60 miles into the trip, same thing starts happening. This time its getting worse and finally just wouldn't stay running. Called a roll back to get me home.

Yesterday I took off the coil pack and module. Went over to Steven Crisafulli's house and tested it. 2 and 5 not firing. Got a known good spare, tested fine. Put it on the car. Started right up. Took it for a drive and it was running fine until about 10 miles it started doing it again. Luckily I was close to home and just stayed on the shoulder.

I'm getting no codes, check engine light or anything. I tapped on the MAF and nothing changes. I checked the grounds, connectors. When its running, its just like normal. Even after it starts doing it. It'll be fine until the next time it dies.

Any ideas? I'm stumped and pulling my hair out. Shouldn't do that as its getting pretty thin on top already :)

Recheck your ground wires that are mounted behind the passenger side head, make sure the ground wires are not loose.... just a thought, i had a problem like that before when i hit a bump the car would die or backfire or if i was just driving...good luck:p