NEED IDEAS ON NEW SPEAKERS. Any suggestions?

1QWIK6

Torque wins
I'm looking to upgrade my stock speakers. I will be installed a 35 WPC CD player. I am looking for Bose quality sound. Does have any suggestions and does the wiring need to be upgraded too?

Bose quality sound? I don't think Bose (personally) sounded that great. But do you know most of the Bose drivers are dual cone speakers? A good pair of seperates, amp and a set of rear fills will get you a better than Bose sound quality.

Huh? Sorry, I don't follow. I am Stereo Illiterate. What Combo/Brand I what I am looking for. Some that is good quality, equal to what you would find in an uplevel car. Something with a little bass too (not thumping, but some bass).

Originally posted by 1QWIK6
What Combo/Brand I what I am looking for. Some that is good quality, equal to what you would find in an uplevel car. Something with a little bass too (not thumping, but some bass).

There is too many brand out there to list. You got to go to a local shop and hear what you want and whats you budget.

I doubt you will get much bass out of the factory sized speakers. 3.5 in the dash, 5.25 in the door(if equipped), and 4x10's in the rear! The factory set up SUCKS!

Have you thought putting in a sub? A 10 or two 8's with a small amp would help a lot and not eat up much of your trunk.

I want to get good quality speakers first, then an amp and sub.

Could anyone recommend a good amp and sub? Not looking for earth shattering bass, just a little for some rap songs.

What size are the door speakers???

What size are the concert sound passenger and drivers side door speakers for an 87 GN?????

As for brands I like Cerwin Vega and Rockford Fosgate and Pioneer 3 1/2"s fit in the dash just right (no problems clearing the dash cover) just be sure to run a bass blocker on them so they don't implode trying to reproduce the down low bass frequencies.

Dash= 3 1/2"

Door= 5 1/4"

Rear Deck= 4x10" stock but 6x9"s will sound much better (esp if you don't have a subwoofer) and fit just fine with an adapetr available at any stereo shop.

Doug C.

If your looking for good bass.. I'd go with 10" Kicker solobarics. I friend of mine used the 10" and I use the 15" powered with a KickerZR1000 amp. Insane bass for my old GN but to much for my TTA. If your willing to spend the money on great eq go with a/d/s. Just my opinion :D

I have a three way polykevlar component set, with an extra pair of tweets for sale.

Email if interested.

Evan

oh btw, if you like focal. Try listening to some MOREL stuff sometime. I have a pair of morel tweets mdt 10 i do belive, that sound better than my buddies focals. Tend to be a bit cheaper as well.

Evan

Originally posted by 89SandBagger
If your looking for good bass.. I'd go with 10" Kicker solobarics. I friend of mine used the 10" and I use the 15" powered with a KickerZR1000 amp. Insane bass for my old GN but to much for my TTA. If your willing to spend the money on great eq go with a/d/s. Just my opinion :D

I have a single 12" Kicker solo baric subwoofer right now but its not installed....im only gonna run one sub because im not big into bass......my amp will be a phoenix gold 475 ti

Vader, Just the one of those subs will work great, I used (2) 15's and that was overboard. I first had them in a errrm pontiac sunbird, then into my GN.. Them being in the Sunbird was way to loud, shook off the rearview mirrior a number of times, front windshield flexed atleast a 1/4 inch im guessing. Moved enough air to blow out a lighters flame, not to mention make your eyes and head rattle back and forth, shortness of breath?:) hehe