Need pics for engine in detail

MLemley

Got my grandpas 85 grand national a few years ago just finished interior now moving to engine need detailed pics of the engine bay and anything that has helped anyone else along the way with the engine in general please and thank you.

Welcome to the forum. So, what are you starting with in the engine bay? Is there an engine in there? Did Gramps do any mods in there when he owned it?

Welcome to the forum. So, what are you starting with in the engine bay? Is there an engine in there? Did Gramps do any mods in there when he owned it?
I’m starting with everything under there just to get it running again It’s all stock or at least for the most part i know it was rebuilt in 2000 and there’s no mods on the car

This is a pic of a complete stock Hot Air setup from the factory. If you need detailed pic's I can P.M. you what you may be looking for. Since this pic was taken I updated to the 86/87 ECM, CCCI, Coil, MAF + Translator etc. See my signature for additional updates. I would suggest you do the updates while your getting into the engine compartment. These will wake the car up considerably and will also allow you to monitor the engine functions & tuning.
Factory 85 Stock Engine Bay.jpg

The coil pac shown is not OEM. This is a stock OEM Coil that should be on your (Gramps) car.
OEM 84-85 Coil Pac.jpg

This is a pic of a complete stock Hot Air setup from the factory. If you need detailed pic's I can P.M. you what you may be looking for. Since this pic was taken I updated to the 86/87 ECM, CCCI, Coil, MAF + Translator etc. See my signature for additional updates. I would suggest you do the updates while your getting into the engine compartment. These will wake the car up considerably and will also allow you to monitor the engine functions & tuning. View attachment 394115

The coil pac shown is not OEM. This is a stock OEM Coil that should be on your (Gramps) car.
View attachment 394117
Yes please pm whatever you can anything helps any info I can get is highly appreciated🙏

I’m starting with everything under there just to get it running again It’s all stock or at least for the most part i know it was rebuilt in 2000 and there’s no mods on the car
Send us some pic's of what your working with (keep each pic size under 1 meg or it will not load). How many miles on the engine since the rebuild? When was the last time it ran? Do you know why it quit running? What have you done so far to get the engine to fire? The more details you can provide the more we can help. Where are you located?

Send us some pic's of what your working with (keep each pic size under 1 meg or it will not load). How many miles on the engine since the rebuild? When was the last time it ran? Do you know why it quit running? What have you done so far to get the engine to fire? The more details you can provide the more we can help. Where are you located?
Engine was rebuilt in 2000 unsure how many miles not sure it ever ran after it was rebuilt either, Unsure why it quit running either I will send pics real fast of everything under the hood

Engine was rebuilt in 2000 unsure how many miles not sure it ever ran after it was rebuilt either, Unsure why it quit running either I will send pics real fast of everything under the hood

Attachments

• IMG_9373.jpeg
    IMG_9373.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_9372.jpeg
    IMG_9372.jpeg
    256.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_9367.jpeg
    IMG_9367.jpeg
    42.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_9368.jpeg
    IMG_9368.jpeg