You can type here any text you want

Need pix of 83' T-Type dash

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Skelbow

I need to see what the speedo and tach look like, a nice close up would do wonders.

Thanks!

Thanks, thats great!

My 83' Regal non-turbo has the stupid clock, and I want to get a tach for it that will match the speedo/gas gauge...

Which did you use? any more options that match the whole aluminum look?

Autometer UltraLites match the brushed aluminum and lettering very well (except they are round, not sguare ;) )

Some non-turbo Regals had the optional five pod dash. It included coolant temp and amperage gauages. My tach is from a Cutlass and as Jim mentioned, I mounted it to a clock delete plate and it's in the clocks housing. It was a lot of work. I still need to add some markings (been lazy lately).

I bet the same could be done with an Autometer tach with faceplate overlaid onto the clock. But I'd be to scared to cut open an expensive tach. :eek:

your not making me feel too great :p

maybe I'll just install one of those tachs that bolt to the outside of the dash..

All I know right now is that I watn a tach, lol. I'll look into the autometer ones.

IF I had to get a circle tach and was to put it where the clock is, what size? 3 3/8" circle?

Thanks, Very gladded I joined this message board! :D

The square is only 3". A 2 5/8" should fit, but I would get the overall dimensions first. They might need a lot of room behind them.

I wonder if it's possible to call Autometer and just buy a faceplate? That's assuming they have one that's scaled the same as the cutlass tach. (just thinking out loud :) )

Back