You can type here any text you want

Need shocks for original TTA # 1452 help!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dbvettez06

Any ideas on what shocks to get for this vehicle..Have owned since new, most useage is street driven...Any ideas? :confused:

Koni yellow ? Expensive, but what I have heard good.

There is also bilsten, KYB...

Daniel

A recent thread here suggested These shocks and struts with good price and performance, none disagreed. I have a set I'm returning for full credit this week, so, customer service is good too (I installed the rear shocks and didn't need the front struts).

lburou said:
A recent thread here suggested These shocks and struts with good price and performance, none disagreed. I have a set I'm returning for full credit this week, so, customer service is good too (I didn't need them).

The car still has the original shocks!!!!!!!!!! Only 24000 miles, but, they need to be replaced asap!!! Thank you for the information..

I think there is many TTA:s out there with stock shocks still. I have my stock shocks and springs on mine, 22 k miles. But, I dont think they are so good anymore...

Daniel

Looked at your times , nice! I did run a 12:29 @ 112+ when i raced the car...They really respond to well thought out mods [and 110+ racing fuel} ! :)

Haha thx... But I dont think its a good time :)

Well the 12.87 time was totally stock... The only thing I had on the car at that time was adjust fuel pressure reg, a adjustable WG and BFG DR, kn filter and a cat pipe. Boost was upped to 20.5 and I was running CSP race gas... else, ALL stock.

The 8.25 time was runned with the alky kit, but without the valvesprings and THDP.

Daniel

After doing my Formula, I have to vote bilstein, ride nice and handle nice :-)
(unless u got serious $$$ for the koni, etc, adjustables)

The KYB used to be a favorite of mine and I recommended them, but the last couple years there quality has really seemed to take a dump.(go ride in my gta sometime:-() Others think this as well.

later
Jeremy

Jeremy, the KYB:s you are reffering to, is that the cheap ones that not are adjustable ?

I am thinking to buy the adjustable later on...

Daniel

monroe

i put sensa tracks on mine...rides just fine...oh it sits alot....still no problems here...
with my discount the rears @ oreilly auto were 15.00 a piece for the rear and 30 for the fronts...

After doing my Formula, I have to vote bilstein, ride nice and handle nice :-)
(unless u got serious $$$ for the koni, etc, adjustables)

The KYB used to be a favorite of mine and I recommended them, but the last couple years there quality has really seemed to take a dump.(go ride in my gta sometime:-() Others think this as well.

later
Jeremy

Is your GTA lowed by chance? I have a friend from college that is a rep for KYB. When I was looking for reviews most either loved or hated them. I asked him why and he pointed out they really don't work well on a car that has been lowered even an inch. The valving gets screwed up and they don't last. I've been paying more close attention since then, most who have problems are lowered.

If your running stock spring these KYBs should work just fine.

Back