need some advice before I sell...or not

No matter what they say you won't get an engine that will hold up. We even have 1 guy that bought a Jasper engine and it lasted just a few hours.:eek:

No matter what they say you won't get an engine that will hold up. We even have 1 guy that bought a Jasper engine and it lasted just a few hours.:eek:

the sad part is its true... its a ticking time bomb and you never know when:(

wow. ok just spitballing and flailing...oh and getting sicktomystomach.

The sad part was it trashed his brand new turbo when the engine let go.:eek: The turbo was about $2k if I remember right so you really need to think about who you get an engine from.;)

yes. But was a decent car with low milage . no frame damage no rust , I figured if I dont sell it what's the difference .You can buy a used car for what I paid and 5 yr later junk it ,and I thought if I keep mine 5yrs it would still be worth at least 5k.. oh well might just fix it and give it to my son. with a rebuild still a lot of life left in her.

yes. But was a decent car with low milage . no frame damage no rust , I figured if I dont sell it what's the difference .You can buy a used car for what I paid and 5 yr later junk it ,and I thought if I keep mine 5yrs it would still be worth at least 5k.. oh well might just fix it and give it to my son. with a rebuild still a lot of life left in her.

I wasn't being negative about your car I've had a body shop 30 years and have fixed many totaled cars.Some I keep and drive.On older cars without special insurance a small wreak can total it.(not much value)I was just curious if the previous owner disclosed the information about the car before he sold it to you.thats all.

I really hate the salvage title BS. the worst part about it is that its self imposed (car people on car people).
When was the last time a title left you stranded on the side of the road?????
i would be the dummy to separate the situation.
1- You bought a car and you was happy with it.
2- You blew up a good running motor that you WAS happy with.
3- if you had that "clean" car you could have also blown up the motor. just read this site.
If you think you will resell the car start looking for something else to pump money into
If you are going to keep it the title means shit.

I really hate the salvage title BS. the worst part about it is that its self imposed (car people on car people).
When was the last time a title left you stranded on the side of the road?????
i would be the dummy to separate the situation.
1- You bought a car and you was happy with it.
2- You blew up a good running motor that you WAS happy with.
3- if you had that "clean" car you could have also blown up the motor. just read this site.
If you think you will resell the car start looking for something else to pump money into
If you are going to keep it the title means shit.

Tru -that. I think I will try and get it fixed, I did call Karlperformance in Iowa and might be taking the motor there. also when buying this car I figured this was a good price for the car I was getting , I could buy a 18k-20k car with a good title and a stock unopened engine and have done the same thing to it. Mabe I will get another GN , and try to buy one that someone has built from ground up with a good title .But I just might keep my car and make it super fast and call her DAMAGED GOODS!..lol

I wasn't being negative about your car I've had a body shop 30 years and have fixed many totaled cars.Some I keep and drive.On older cars without special insurance a small wreak can total it.(not much value)I was just curious if the previous owner disclosed the information about the car before he sold it to you.thats all.

No problem

He did disclose that it was a salvage title, he owns over 30 buick GS cars and this one he put the new hood and fender and headder on and had fo 13yrs and just didnt fit with his collection, which I had the pleasure to see, awesome cars.