You can type here any text you want

Need some advice

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbolou

Lou's Automotive 949-378-1590
I'm installing a FAST unit in a regal I have all the technical details figured out so far, My question is what is the cleanest way to run the wireing through the firewall? It is suggested to run them through the antenna grommet. If so it would seem to me that the inner fender panel has to be removed to gain excess as the air conditioning evaporator houseing is in the way. If anyone out there has any ideas on how to make this easier I would appreciate it. This has to be a clean installation as the customer is very picky. Regards Lou

I would say thats a good way, unless you want to make another hole beside the factory ecm bulkhead, with a grommet. Both require that u take the innerfender off for access.

I have run the wires through the same hole the factory heater control vac.lines go through.

Wire routes?

Lou, I use the big grommet at the firewall, where the main harness goes thru. I enlarge the grommet, run the wires, then re-seal the grommet w/ dum dum body putty.
You don't have to remove the inner fender to do this. You can see and reach the wires from under the car, behind the A/C box. I fished a wire down from the top of the inner fender, at the outer side of the A/C box, pulled the wires up that direction. That way you can route them to the battery along the inner fender edge, and they look "factory", especially w/ the spiral wrap on them!!:D :D
At the batt, I use 2 stereo shop brass standoff bolts on the cables and hook the wires to the outer attach points.

HTH,:cool:

I have the optional Heater delete setup, ie 1/8" AL block off plate.
and what I did was drill a 2" hole in that right behind the pass side valve cover, and routed the harness thru that.
Cleanest way I know of, but it was alot of work.

If you deside to drill a hole, from the inside looking foward, dont drill it to the left of the OEM harness. Once the OEM harness goes out the firewall, it makes a hard left and down a bit. Dont ask me how I know.:rolleyes:
I drilled another hole to the right of the loom and used some bailing wire to pull the wires thru. Use a gromet and you should be good to go.
Hope this helps
Craig

Back