Need some guidance on chip/injector setup.

robertf

Ok so I'll try and keep it short as possible but would love some experienced advice. Currently I'm replacing the headgaskets due to detonation. It has Champion ported heads. 50lb flowmatched Delphi injectors and a TT 5.3 chip for alky from the previous owner. Alky was installed in 06 and the car rarely left the garage so the pump has never been touched. It began detonating right after I got the car. Eric told me to get a newer chip for starters. Would I be better off getting a chip combo from him https://www.turbotweakstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=1016. I really have no particular HP/timeslip goals. Just a nice strong runner to take out and enjoy on the weekends. No tracks. Should I keep my injectors are is one of Erics combos right for me. I do plan on sending the alky pump for service since I'm told 2 years is pretty much the lifespan between rebuilds. Thanks in advance.

Advice from Eric is always good advice. Im running his 60s with alky and his chip that i got as combo. My car runs great. You might want to check a few other things,fuel pressure,hot wire, maff translater, scanmaster. Basic things to get the car up to date once you get the heads back and the car running.

Advice from Eric is always good advice. Im running his 60s with alky and his chip that i got as combo. My car runs great. You might want to check a few other things,fuel pressure,hot wire, maff translater, scanmaster. Basic things to get the car up to date once you get the heads back and the car running.
Thanks Gene. The car has all that. I may get the Street chip instead of the Alky chip. Although I will be running the alky, I feel the street chip will be my failsafe should the alky have issues down the road.

Thanks Gene. The car has all that. I may get the Street chip instead of the Alky chip. Although I will be running the alky, I feel the street chip will be my failsafe should the alky have issues down the road.

I had the TT 5.7 and updated to TT6.1 Wb tracking alky chip with the alkycontrol system. What a difference it made. Without any other changes I tuned the car down from 11.90 quarter mi to 11.10 I believe I could get a 10 second slip with more tuning. I would recommend getting the alky chip and run the methanol as it's intended. Getting a non alky chip and running it without the meth is kind of a waste in my opinion. Get the alcohol chip and keep your alky system up to par and you and your car will both be happy!! I bought a tester from Alkycontrol that tests the pump for pressure v. Boost. Great investment for those of us running hard with alcohol [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the TT 5.7 and updated to TT6.1 Wb tracking alky chip with the alkycontrol system. What a difference it made. Without any other changes I tuned the car down from 11.90 quarter mi to 11.10 I believe I could get a 10 second slip with more tuning. I would recommend getting the alky chip and run the methanol as it's intended. Getting a non alky chip and running it without the meth is kind of a waste in my opinion. Get the alcohol chip and keep your alky system up to par and you and your car will both be happy!! I bought a tester from Alkycontrol that tests the pump for pressure v. Boost. Great investment for those of us running hard with alcohol [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the advice. My old chip is for alky and before Eric emailed me, I had no idea the pumps {I have the Super pump} needed rebuilding on a 2 year basis nor did the previous owner. Could've save me some headache and headgaskets. I like the meth and plan on keeping it. I will also invest in a tester as well.

Alky was installed in 06 and the car rarely left the garage so the pump has never been touched.
Most likely reason for blowing head gaskets...
I would install a new kit or at least a new pump before even thinking of upgrades.

Like many other parts on our cars, the Alky pump should be considered a maintenance item. Since its such a critical component (and not that expensive) why not have a spare on hand so you can change it out every 2 or 3 years or whatever the recommended change interval is. Just rotate the fresh pump in and send in the other for servicing. No down time. Sure beats having to deal with the effects of another pump failure.

Like many other parts on our cars, the Alky pump should be considered a maintenance item. Since its such a critical component (and not that expensive) why not have a spare on hand so you can change it out every 2 or 3 years or whatever the recommended change interval is. Just rotate the fresh pump in and send in the other for servicing. No down time. Sure beats having to deal with the effects of another pump failure.

So would you say that the pump is the only wear item on his system?

So would you say that the pump is the only wear item on his system?

Any mechanical part is subject to failure be it the pump or otherwise. But the pump was the topic of discussion (starting from post #7) and has comes up many a time. In previous threads Julio himself recommended getting the pump serviced every couple years, problems or not.

Any mechanical part is subject to failure be it the pump or otherwise. But the pump was the topic of discussion (starting from post #7) and has comes up many a time. In previous threads Julio himself recommended getting the pump serviced every couple years, problems or not.

Ok thanks. Sounds like good advice.