You can type here any text you want

Need some help with my new FAST system, and this looks like the place to get it.

• Thread starter Thread starter KECHME
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
K

KECHME

I recently installed my FAST managment system, and I have a had a few problems with it. I won't go into the details because they would bore you to death. My last (hopefully ) problem is that for some reason I have no wide band function at all. When you pull up the dash , the actual AF reads 0 as does the wide band O2. I have been dealing with Dave from wheel to wheel and he has been very helpfull, but I need to get this car tunned before the weekend and things are not going very quickly over the phone. Here are a few more particulars about what is going on. I have traced the wires back to the PCM and checked continuity of all of them and everything checks out. I have also checked to make sure that there is voltage present on the ign lead right at the sensor it self. The calibration # on the sensor matches the serial # on the back of the PCM. One last thing, I left the O2 sensor powered up for around 4 hours on accident and I am affraid that I could have damaged it . I ran the car today for about 10 minutes and the sensor does'nt seem to be getting hot, if you look into the front of the sensor it does'nt glow orange like the coil is still functioning. I was told that there is an excite program that I may be able to get via Email, if any one has this program I would be gratefull if you could help me out by sending it to me at == sean@freeseautosport.com . The UEGO(V) starts at 3.53 volts and stays there all the time, The UEGOS(V) starts at 1.02 and stays there all the time . I was told these figures are the way to properly diagnose a problem with the wide band. Sorry for the long boring post, but any info would be greatly appreciated.

Has this been doing this from day one or did the WBO2 problem develop after it was first working?

Tell me the serial number of your stuff. It's all kept in a database here at FAST and I may be able to help.

You are in good hands with Dave. He has our official endorsement. :D

Craig, I'm not sure if it was working from the begining. I fought with the crank trigger for a week before I realized that my flying magnet set up would'nt work. I pulled the box off of the fire wall to find "hall effect crank input" written on the back. I made a quick trip over to Bob norwoods place and secured a sensor and got her running . I then started to really take a look at what the sensors where doing, and realized the wide band was'nt functioning. My box serial number is 02477 2477 and the sensor # is 2477. I bought the unit over a year ago and just got the car completed. It still says speed pro on the box instead of FAST. If you need any other info ask away and I'll jump through hoops to get it for you.

ISSUE RESOLVED!!!!! Craig(@ FAST) and David(@ wheel to wheel) are both super patient guys. They helped me through my latest ordeal, and got me on the right track. Thanks for the effort, that is way above and beyond the call of duty guys!!!

Well.....what was it? Just in case someone else runs into the same problem.

Brian

Originally posted by wagon
Well.....what was it? Just in case someone else runs into the same problem.

Brian

Installation error :D . I ordered the Felpro 14 foot harness and it had no wire installed in the plug at the ECU on pins F1 & F2 . While I was wiring the car it did not concern me because I looked at the rest of the wires that were UEGO wires of some sort and they all had a place to go on the 02 sensor. With the exception of the blue and grey wires, and they just terminate at the plug on the 02 sensor, in other words they don't actually break out of the sensor plug and go to the sensor. So I assumed that these wires were not in the ECU plug for this reason. These two wires (blue and grey pins F1 & F2) are actually UEGOR + & - , and they must go all the way to the sensor plug. There is a resistor located in that plug that the ECU uses to monitor sensor temp. Thats why I had no sensor present on the dash board , and why it would'nt even heat up. Thats a pretty tough problem to handle over the phone when the IDIOT (<---- this being me of course :D ) on the other end of the line keeps telling you that all the wires are installed and check for continuity. Once again, thanks Craig and Dave you guys are great.

Back