need some help

rob nolan

i am having problems with my atr dual pump i just bought it and just hooked it up but i don't think my second pump is kicking in because there is a little light that comes off the relay its not coming on plus i having problems with detantion i had a xp pump in there to and i was still having detantion i have been fighting with this since my motor was totally rebuilt i have 43 pounds of fuel pressure i am running only 16 pounds of boost i have 93 red armstrong chip my mods are champion heads 206-206 cam 009 injectors volt booster by red armstrong the motor is bored 30 over trw forge piston plus i've adjusted the hobbs switch that comes with the dual pump every way possible thanks rob

Try jumping the Hobbs switch to make sure that the secondary relay, harness and pump are functional. If they are functional you will see the fuel pressure jump as the return line will be overwhelmed. If this works then perhaps the Hobbs switch is set too high. If ATR is still supplying the adjustable Hobbs switch, you can remove the rubber plug in the center and back out the Allen nut a bit to lower its trigger pressure. This is best set with a hand pump and pressure gauge. Put back the rubber plug as this prevents to set screw from moving. Make sure that the pressure line going to the Hobbs switch is connected into an intake pressure port properly and not behind a vacuum check valve.

Jack :cool:
Racetronix