You can type here any text you want

Need someone with experience with Kenny Bell Chips

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bishir

Serenity Now
I installed a Kenny Bell chip I bought off of Inkcushion. He said it was a street chip made for the 40lb injectors I also bought from him. What I want to know; is this a race chip? I mean, it idles low and rough, car pulls harder, and the boost jumped up 2lbs just by installing the chip. I was like WHOA NELLY! I"m going to try it at the track with some race gas because I'm even getting knock at 15lbs of boost, but I would appreciate any comments regarding this chip. Maybe the Red Armstrong 93 I was use to was just so lame anything feels like a race chip?

James

Just looked at an old cateloge. Chip was designed specifically the Lucas red band/red stripe injectors. So the add says. Dose'nt say anything about boost levels or timing. Suppose to give you better drivability.

UPDATE

Okay quick update: I removed the chip and here are the #s:

900643 - 40 and above that it has a 160? I did a search and someone said something about an utimate chip for the 900643, but the previous post did not mention the extra 40 #. I assume it's an ultimate chip programed for 40lb injectors?

BTW, when I put my Red Armstrong 93 back in knock went away, and the O2 levels increased ~75-80 on the scanmaster.

Thanks,

James

That chip says it increases the boost to 17 psi. extended rpm range.Improved throttle response.No emission controls affected.fan speed changed for better cooling.boost is quicker.TCC delayed in mid-high gears.
The cataloge has different adds for the ultimate and the 40lb chip.
The utimate series chip# for 86/87 cars is KB9006U.

40 lbers. KB9006U3--ultimate
KB9006HF3---HOT FLASH
KB90006P3--HI-LOW-PRO CHIP
Does that help.:)

Thanks for the response.

Those numbers don't match up which probably means it's an older chip. Maybe..

Or Maybe it's not an ultimate chip... there is no "U" anywhere I can tell. The numbers are pretty distinct. The only other item it has is an orange sticker on the front.

James

Originally posted by bishir
Thanks for the response.

Those numbers don't match up which probably means it's an older chip. Maybe..

Or Maybe it's not an ultimate chip... there is no "U" anywhere I can tell. The numbers are pretty distinct. The only other item it has is an orange sticker on the front.

James
Or a newer chip than my cataloge. Cataloge is from the mid 90's to late 90's. OLD!! that's all I know.

Back