Need test pipe in DFW

Warped

No helmet required!
Went to a local muffler shop and inquired about a test pipe or dump pipe. He would do neither, citing EPA, Feds, black helicopters, fines, jail time, yada, yada, yada. He said he could only do it if it wasn't licensed and I provided an affidavit that it is a track only vehicle (trailered). I'm sure my license plate number has been forwarded to the appropriately authorities.

Anyway, I'm looking for some place in the DFW area where I can get a test pipe. I have no intention of running on the street without the cat as I do not street race at all and don't mind doing my part for improving air quality. I would prefer the test pipe over the dump. I'm running a two piece, three inch down pipe so it looks like I can take the four cat bolts out and slide it off then slide on the test pipe. I'll go which ever way is easiest or cheapest.

Rather than call or visit every muffler shop in the area I thought I'd check with some of the local experts. Boy I love this board.

I've bought a couple 2.5" test pipes by placing a parts wanted add on this BB. I've paid between $25 and $35 for them. For your case, you may be better off getting a 3" test pipe from the vendor of your downpipe. Then use a 3" band clamp to switch between cat and test pipe.

Keeping the joint between the cat/test pipe and the downpide a non welded slip fit makes the downpipe much easier to remove. I can remove and install my THDP in about 20 minutes without jacking up the car (I did so at the track when comparing the performance of the THDP to a 2.5" stock replacement DP/ported elbow)