Need tips on fender lip rolling...plus the tool

87LtdT

Looks like I have no choice and will need to roll the rear fender lips. Kinda nervous about this...and would like to correspond with someone who is knowledgable about this process. Not interested in the ball bat technique...instead will get one of the tools that mount to the hub (anybody have one to rent??)

Questions:

How many passes should be involved?

How much rolling is enough??

How to keep paint from cracking?

What to do with the trim?? (Want the trim to be in place when rolling complete)

Are ALL the girls on Girls Gone Wild lesbians??

Thanks for any help.

Bob

Bob - I used the baseball bat method. It only took 1 pass. I don't run any wheel well trim on the car. I don't think I could get it back on the car since the screw holes are in the area the lip is rolled. Maybe you could cut the trim down some and drill new holes to mount with, I just don't know.

Really not sure about the GGW. I've noticed a lot of "college girls" these days are AC/DC. And they don't like to share :mad: !
John

I bought the tool because I could not get the angle I needed with a bat. And was scared to screw up the quarters. The tool has already paid for itself, renting it to locals.

Just go slow and use common sense. Dont try to do it all at once. It works very well. You have to take the trim off of course. My paint did not crack, but use a heat gun if you want to be sure.

I used a different method to roll the lips on mine. I used a die grinder with a 3" cutoff wheel to cut a small slit in the lip every 4" or so. The slits were around 1/2" max. That makes it easy to bend the lip with a hammer. I never even removed the trim pieces. It only took 10 minutes per side.
HTH.
Kevin

The answer is YES.

All of the girls in the Girls Gone Wild videos are lesbians. At least that is my mind set before watching any of the videos. :D

Thanks guys....lots of interesting ways to to this.... Part of the problem is I hate to do it in the first place.

Sent you a PM Disco

Bob