need turbo to up-pipe "doughnut" gasket

eman035

Does anyone know where I can get this gasket from? I bought the up-pipe from jaysgn and it requires the doughnut gasket to fit properly. I had/have the ATR up-pipe which just bolted to the turbo directly without the gasket. I need this gasket as soon as possible, as I am home from school for about a week before I head back. Thanks in advance for any help.

Eric

Here

It is actually not a gasket but a metal triangle piece that seals the 2 together. I have 2 that I picked up @ BG this year. $20 shipped each.

Do you have any pics of what it should look like? I have a metal triangular shaped "gasket" that was on the car with the ATR up-pipe. Do I use the same piece for both up-pipes even though they have different mating surfaces? I was under the impression talking to jaysgn that I needed a "doughnut" gasket for his pipe. Sorry for any confusion, I just want to make sure about this stuff. I am about fed up with the exhaust on this car. First problem was the 3" Houston style downpipe I bought hitting the a/c box, so i'm back to using the stock downpipe. Then I put the poston header on, and the crossover pipe dosen't fit properly. It's only about a quarter inch off but it's enough to give me problems with the pipe sealing. I tried to put the jaysgn up-pipe on and the two holes where it bolts to the header are slightly wider than the holes on the poston header! So I took out the dremmel and went to town. Even after all that, with the nice little flex joint in the up-pipe, its still gonna be a b!T@# to get it seated properly. I'm pretty sure its the poston header thats giving me problems but this is just frustrating. I don't want to put the stock pipes back on, even though they are the only ones that actually fit without any problems. I'm sure you are tired of reading this now, I just needed to vent a little. Thanks for the help.

Eric

The only place a doughnut style gasket would go is the header to uppipe. The Kenne-Bell headers came with this gasket and it's pretty durable. Once I destroyed it I could never find one that would hold up as well. The uppipe to turbo uses the triangle gasket.

ok here we go...the jays uppipe will work fine with the triangle copper gasket, just torque it good and tight. The other side needs no gasket. As for fit, put the uppipe in place and loosely bolt the pipe to the headers. Then tighten the nuts on the turbine side. Then torque down the header side. You won't damage anything because the pipe flexes. As for the crossover, (I have the same exact exhaust ATR with Postons, Jays uppipe) Either get out yer getter done stick, and grunt it into place like I do, or cut it and put a sleeve on it. You can find a coupler at any muffler shop.

BTW I want that houston downpipe!!!! if your willing to sell it PM me with a price....

T

GM PART # 1262500
CATEGORY: Exhaust Pipe Seal
PACK QTY: 1 CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $31.56
OUR PRICE: $18.70
DESCRIPTION: SEAL ASM

gmpartsdirect.com

T

I got one from O'Rielly auto parts about a month ago. Sorry I didn't keep the part number. :)