You can type here any text you want

need your opinion

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

89TURBOTA

hey guys , i made a pass and i showed the following info, i show about 30 psi, about 23 degrees timing, 11.5 a/f and a steady -5.5 o2 corrections which is okay, but a 120% injector duty cycle, i am thinking this means i need bigger injectors? just a little confused cause the computer is taking out fuel, the way i see it is the injectors are working but they are overstressed at 120 duty cylce so i need bigger injectors?

thanks
this is on my single turbo small block camaro

what is your fuel pressure, is the regulator boost sensitive, who's injectors, what pump, what is your injector contant set at?

I am just guessing, based on what you have told us. But, it sounds to me like your VE map might be to rich and your A/F correction limits are set to -5.5 (if so, it was maxed). Was the 11.5 A/F the target or actual A/F? What size injectors? Need more info.

carl, youre are right on the money, i forgot about the correction limits, i do have it set at -5.5 max, so this is how i understand it , i had the numbers in the ve fuel map set too rich, so the injectors were maxed out trying to dump all that fuel and the computer could only take out -5.5 because thats what the max take out point was? the target a/f was 11.5 but the actual was 10.5,

they are 83 pounders ,which i think should work for now with my combo ,if you need more info on the combo go to my website below

if this is right , its good because that means i was running too rich and that slowed me down,

You are correct. You need to lean out the VE numbers and probably increase the O2 maximum enleanment until you get the tune up close. Your injecors should be good for over 1300 hp.

Back