You can type here any text you want

Needing elbow

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ChrisCairns

Does anyone have a spare 90 degree elbow for the top of the S2 converted carb intake they'd like to sell?

Thanks.

Maybe...

look about 1/2 way between your wrist and shoulder....:p
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!:D

Good to hear from you Kendall. I'm still waiting for you to finish your S2 car then sell it to me cheap. :D

I'd still like to buy a used one since they don't wear out....but thanks for the heads up if I can't find one used, which seems to be the case.

Chuck ... stop emailing me pics of your female underware collection. (At least the doc cured you of collecting MALE underware.):biggrin:

Good to hear from you Kendall. I'm still waiting for you to finish your S2 car then sell it to me cheap. :D

I'd still like to buy a used one since they don't wear out....but thanks for the heads up if I can't find one used, which seems to be the case.

Chuck ... stop emailing me pics of your female underware collection. (At least the doc cured you of collecting MALE underware.):biggrin:

I'll never finish my S2 car. Now, I think the T-type will roll again at some point though. Draw your own conclusions. Right now, the cat sits on it. :)

I have made a couple of those elbows for carbed single plane intakes; they aren't hard to make. Don't you have a fabricator somewhere you already owe money?

Good to see that you guys still haven't been cured of your obsessions (cars, and in Chuck's case apparently, cross dressing). :D

I'll never finish my S2 car. Now, I think the T-type will roll again at some point though. Draw your own conclusions. Right now, the cat sits on it. :)

Well actually, I thought the S2 car was your T-Type. :) Now get rid of the p u s s y :eek: and get back to work on it.

I have made a couple of those elbows for carbed single plane intakes; they aren't hard to make. Don't you have a fabricator somewhere you already owe money?

Years ago I bought one from PTE ... cost me $175. I thought by now they'd be much more expensive. But using the part number at Edelbrock you provided, I found it at Summit Racing. $122. Thanks Kendall.

And for your pleasure, (or not,) attached is a pic of you stealing the gear you needed for your gerotor. One of these days I'm going to rat you out to Steve, Ken and DDay who spent months under that picnic table looking for the gear. :tongue:
Bowling Green, 2002

Attachments

• DSC00053.jpg
    DSC00053.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 224
Glad you found one for a decent price. Now, about that picture...Damn, who's the fat dude?! :o

That brings back some memories. That gerotor front cover is at Champion, probably sitting under a work bench somewhere; Tom would like to get castings made but I think he has too many things in line.

Yeah, the T-type was the S2 car. It just isn't any more. And you're right, I need to work on it again. When time and money allow, I will..it's like Ahab chasing the great white whale at this point, I have to finish it sometime. :)

Per chance... would this 90 degree intake elbow from Summit be a 2 bolt 2 3/4"?

I have a new Percision RC0003 (4 bolt) 3 5/8" 90 elbow and would rather not make mods to get the TB to fit if I could locate clean fitting 2 bolt 90 elbow.

Thanks,
Gary

Per chance... would this 90 degree intake elbow from Summit be a 2 bolt 2 3/4"?

I have a new Percision RC0003 (4 bolt) 3 5/8" 90 elbow and would rather not make mods to get the TB to fit if I could locate clean fitting 2 bolt 90 elbow.

Thanks,
Gary

Here's a clearer picture Gary. And it looks like an 11 bolt. :D

Edelbrock : EDL-3849 - summitracing.com

When I ordered it the guy called it a universal. I won't get it until about the 17th or 18th he said since it's being dropped shipped from Edelbrock.

If you want, once I get it I'll let you know if and how well a 2 bolt 70 mm and a 4 bolt 90mm bolt up.

Adapter needed...

Chris,
You'll need to make a couple of flanges and make a reducer (open cone?) to get it all together. The Acufab TB I'm going to be using is a 2 bolt affair and in place misses fitting.
If I could locate flanges it would save some time in the shop or if I could locate a flange source it would be nice. :confused:
Gary

Chris,
You'll need to make a couple of flanges and make a reducer (open cone?) to get it all together. The Acufab TB I'm going to be using is a 2 bolt affair and in place misses fitting.
If I could locate flanges it would save some time in the shop or if I could locate a flange source it would be nice. :confused:
Gary

On my Stage engine with a 3 1/2" elbow on it I made an aluminum plate, which bolted to the front of the elbow, to which I attached a 70mm TB. Works fine. I may use the plate and TB with the new Edelbrock elbow on the 4.1 and use a recently acquired 90mm on the S2.

Accufab

Percision made their 100 degree elbow to fit the Accufab 90MM TB, and Accufab also made the 70MM TB.
I'm trying to get John w/Accufab to make some flanges to save the trouble of making them myself. Accufab doesn't make adapters. :confused:

2" X 5" X 5" plug and let the chips fly.

Too bad someone doesn't come up with 100 degree 70mm elbow for the Accufab TB, rats.

Just to keep anyone who cares up to date...

Summit invoiced me on the elbow, said Edelbrock would drop ship. Still no elbow as of today so I phoned Summit, they phoned Edelbrock, then Summit phoned me back. Edelbrock hasn't even started to produce them yet. And the guy at Summit didn't have a clue when production would start.

So back to the drawing board.

I can fab you up just about anything, Chris. Not for the $122 for the Edelbrock casting, though. Sheetmetal takes a bit more time and welding than a mass produced casting.;) If you can't find something, let me know. Just give me a call.

I can fab you up just about anything, Chris. Not for the $122 for the Edelbrock casting, though. Sheetmetal takes a bit more time and welding than a mass produced casting.;) If you can't find something, let me know. Just give me a call.

Thanks Ken. I'm not certain I want to ship to you or pay you again. :biggrin:

The reason, for those who don't know, is the postal system doesn't like Ken so smashes packages addressed to him; then to add insult to injury the same post office tears payment money orders AND WONT CASH THEM BECAUSE THEYRE TORN. I like paying taxes. :rolleyes:

The Summit/Edelbrock order is still viable ... if they still don't come through in the near future I'll get in touch with you.

Back