Needle bearing cam button

BADDGUY6

Has anyone have a needle bearing cam button go bad? I have a noise which I "think" is coming from the cam button. Sounds,(swish-swish) like a bad water pump or Alt. bearing But only when above 950+rpm. And at idle NO noise. Took the belt off and the noise is still the same. I can live with the noise. But is it OK to drive until I have time to fix it?

look you knuckle-head, if you hear something go "swish swish" behind the timing cover, you'd better take a look. The last thing you want is something rubbing away at your cover sending aluminum all over. Just bite the bullet and remove the cover. I'd get a timing chain and another button too if I were you.:D

Another option before removing the cover is to remove the cam sensor and use a small telescoping mirror(round type)...put it down in the sensor hole and with a flashlight you can see the cam button...not real easy to see...you have to get the mirror at the right angle but it works...I always do that after putting the front cover back on to make sure the button didn't fall out...