Needs A New Engine Help

B

BODYMAN

DRIVING DOWN THE HIGHWAY ENGINE LIGHT GOES ON ALL GUAGES READ FINE 5 MINUTES LATER LIGHT GOES OFF. ABOUT 10 MILES DOWN THE ROAD GETTING OFF EXIT MY CAR STAHLS OUT. TRIED TO START WOULDN'T. MECHANIC TOOK A LOOK AT IT AND THE CAUSE WAS A BUSTED TIMING CHAIN. WELL WE CHANGED IT RAN IT FOR ABOUT A 1/4 MILE AND IT SPUN A BEARING, IT NOW HAS A SLIGHT KNOCK (BLOWN BEARING). I NEED SOME ADVISE ON PRICING AND WHAT TO DO FOR REBUILD. PLEASE HELP DONT KNOW MUCH.

just happened to me too, took all the nylon teeth off the cam sprocket. but this was in the driveway. so no driving.

anyway, your budget? well, depends on what you want to do with the car. i have run normal cranks for years. just dont go over20 psi, and you will be fine, now if you are racing this car and running it like it should, get a good crank. if not, if you just run stock boost, then heck, just go to napa, autozone and buy a crank turned ten ten and put it in. i would reccomend buying good hard bearings like king, or something. i have run 23 psi so far with the normal non radiused cranks. but key here is no detonation. just get the 229 stamped cranks. don't give in your other one. they will want it as a core, but keep it. if not have it turnd. and go that route. my car had 130k onit and it left go. anyway, hope this helps.

THANKS

I'M LOOKING FOR A STOCK REBUILD ONLY, MY CAR HAD 130,000 K ON IT AS WELL. NOW I'M LOOKING FOR A MACHINIST TO DO THE WORK, COTTON'S PERFORMANCE WANTS AN AVERAGE OF $3500.00 THAT SEEMS TO BE A LITTLE EXPENSIVE FOR A STOCK REBUILD WHAT DO YOU THINK?

i think autozone has trade in engine specials, i had heard of 1400 bucks, thats with gaskets, you might check Jasper. i wouldn't be racing these, but for daily drive stock boost, what the heck? it warrantied..... a friend bought one and it went 12.3, so it did run ok.

good luck.