You can type here any text you want

Never titled TTA in the auto trader....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
30K for that car is a good deal for the buyer. Just think, someone stored that car for 18yrs and now getting sticker price back out of it.This year will be very interesting for the TTA.

Don't forget that 30K in 89 is now about 55K in today's dollars!:eek:
- Dave

- Dave

Exactly, and that's why you wait until 2006 to pay mid-high $20's for a super low mileage one. Let someone else eat those years of depreciation and/or slow appreciation.

For the investor it's actually easy to figure the formula on these cars or any car for that matter. It happens with any car that was "special" or "rare" from the day it was made. They come out new.. Prices stay about sticker for a year or two.. then the downfall in the prices start. Some cars faster then others. Some hang in there for a few more years.. Then there is always a rock bottom. The TTA's saw that about 7 plus years ago. When people were buying low mile ones for under 10K. Then they started very slowly crawling back up towards sticker price for anything under say 20K miles. But ever car that is "special" or "rare" always starts climbing really well around the 20 year mark and keeps on going and tops out around the 30 year mark. Some then drop or just hang around the number they made for their self during that climb. Look at the GNX. Just as it was coming up on the 20 year mark boom up they flew. The TTA's time will come it was a very unique car and plenty have been destroyed or raced so much they will never be worth anything in the end other then a good parts car. After the GNX blew up in price a lot of folks put their eyes on the TTA because it's along those same lines in the unique, rare, and or special department. There is just a number of folks that frequent the boards where the TTA's have fallen under a magnify glass. People spent some decent money for a low mile one and would like to see nothing but the price to keep going up. The car will speak for it's self in time. The key is when it tops out do you sell or enjoy it as it starts it's fall once again! I mean after all there was a time when like a 1912 Ford was worth something. Now all those era cars are good for is fire wood! :cool: Personally I like to drive my TTA and enjoy it. I think I did about 400 miles on it this summer. Between working, enjoying life, and wanting to go really fast in the GN, sometimes it's hard for me to get it out more. The said part for the low low mile cars of any type is the owners are nothing more then caretakers for the next person to own it. Sh!t on that I'm gonna have some fun! :tongue:

- Dave

This is key, take inflation into account and no one so far got their money back on what they spent back in 1989 ..... some got half if they been lucky ... just drive and enjoy what you have. Want to make some $$$ invest in the stock market or be lucky and score on the lottery :biggrin:

The said part for the low low mile cars of any type is the owners are nothing more then caretakers for the next person to own it. Sh!t on that I'm gonna have some fun! :tongue:

I agree with this 100% and it's why I didnt want, didnt buy, and wont own a really low mile car. These cars are way too much fun to just let them sit and look pretty(though they do that well too ;) )

Bought mine with 37k about 18 months ago, now its got 46k on it and I'm not stopping until I buy something else whether its an 03-04 Cobra or a GN. Either way I go that car will be driven too!:cool:

Back