New 20 year old t-top

1991syclone

I have been tracking down trim pieces for a 86 non locking t top. Finally found a guy who rebuilds them and got my pieces, as we are talking he says he has a friend that bought out a warehouse and that they found a large group of t top. These were sent from Tiawan about 20 years ago to meet the insurance demand for stolden tops, they never sold because they were put togather with black sealer that fell apart when left in the sun. The t top guy is thinking of buying the supply and rebuilding the parts correctly (right glue) These are a set of new tops, new seals, metal, glass ect. They are not the correct tint (a little light), are not locking, and have the T-Type chrome, which he said he could paint for the GN guys. They look to be able to do them for about $500 a set. I told him to make mine the first and told him I would check to see if there was any interest on the site. Any interest??

t-tops

call bweavy at g-body parts, maybe he is interested in such a venture. he could give you a deal for setting it up!!!
mike s

I saw one set but the t top guy didn't think they were sellable (they were about 95% mint and better than mine), shipping damage. So he is getting a set and rebuilding them for me. If it is a scam I will tell you because I am paying for the first set and will check them on my GN before it goes ahead. This t top guy is doing the t tops for the 6 smokey pontiacs that year one is doing at $150,000 a crack so his work is perfect. His rebuilds for our units run a $1,000 a side. Vendors are welcome (after I check them) and I am not looking to make anything on these units, just trying to help.