You can type here any text you want

New 335i...twin turbo? Then I lost to a Viper

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
Man....335i's are not very fast....crushed it.
Goes to show you that 2 turbos doesn't necessarily mean faster....:D

Later that night, I got humbled by a Viper tho'
Red one with #1 on the side and a big wing....I really had no business trying but it was fun anyway.

There's another Viper like it around town; red with an big giant wing (bigger than the #1 Vipers) that just looks silly. It has a #3 on the side and is blown. I'll stay away form him too.....for now ;)

Tim, next year.....once youve went to a bigger turbo, IC, DP and stall...you'll smoke the big winged weenie

I feel you on the viper I let a C5 vette pull two car lengths on me from a roll last night before I rolled into the throttle...I closed the gap and stayed on his quarter panel but couldn't overtake him...he really didn't stomp me but he did pull me (because I wasn't paying attention). If I would have been paying attention he probably wouldn't have gotten past me at all. He turned at the next red light which would have put us at a race from a dig...he didn't want much of that. I'm not sure if it was a regular C5 or ZO6...regardless he was no lift shifting that six speed.

It gave me a giggle that my car that has less than 7 grand in it in total from the parts to buying the car itself gave that at least 50 grand C5 a run for its money. I really wish he would have lined up next to me at that red...

They hardly ever want to play fair. I see the saleen, vettes, and porsches bully normal cars all the time on the way to work. now when I'm in the Buick, they ignore me as if the Gn is invisible.:rolleyes:

Welll...my GN is at Lou's right now. He's installing my Hooker cat back, new valve springs, new timing gear set, replacing the leaky rear main seal and pan gasket and giving the engine an overall health check (valve lift, bearing inspection, leak down test, etc).:biggrin:

After that, I'll be ready to start planning my next set of upgrades.
Downpipe, F-body radiator w/ramcharger fan....possibly an intercooler upgrade and larger up-pipe too....we'll see.;)

Twin turbo overpriced Beemer

That twin turbo BMW is only rated at 300 horse and 300 ft lbs of torque as per BMW website. So most of our cars are 400 plus horse and about 500 or so on the torque side.

Gonna need some traction and a much bigger turbo to take on the Vipers, but don't be surprised to win if you get some sticky tires and they don't. Fat 345's on a Viper go up in smoke real easy when they're just like everyone else's.

Get a big turbo and smash that Viper...or get a huge turbo and smash the blown one.

Those things are mean on boost :eek:

those bmw's have tiny turbos, and i do mean tiny. and stop being a ***** :eek: and go out and beat that viper, or run him off the road:D . j/k about the ***** part

Back