New 6776BB Turbo help needed

clonegnx

I just bought a 6776 BB turbo, I have installed it but the Stainless Water Lines need to be bent to look nice to go to the water line on the intake. Does anyone make up a nice set of lines for this? Any ideas?

The water lines that come with the water kit are junk. I bought some AN dash fittings and put some braided line to my water ports. Any local speed shop should have the dash fittings with the right thread. I cant remember what size...my bad.:redface:
Post a question in the TURBO section about the thread size and Im sure someone will respond.

If you try to bend the lines any you will break the welds.. Mine broke when i was trying to tighten down the fittings i went another route.

I also just purchased the same turbo, any other suggestions on the water kit and also the oil kit too.
Thanks

If you try to bend the lines any you will break the welds.. Mine broke when i was trying to tighten down the fittings i went another route.

Thats what happened to me...broke the welds when installing them.

You can go with the dash fittings but wait and see what MArk(TR parts) is fabricating. His stuff is usually Grade A.

I just bought a 6776 BB turbo, I have installed it but the Stainless Water Lines need to be bent to look nice to go to the water line on the intake. Does anyone make up a nice set of lines for this? Any ideas?

I made my own lines. SS braided line to the heater hoses where it orignally went to the throttle body. No need to run hot water through throttle body...... O... The thread size to the turbo was 14mm... so get 14mm to hose end with the correct bend to fit your application. Hope this helps.

Did my homework today, do I pass??:biggrin:

Attachments

• closeupofwaterlinefront.jpg
    closeupofwaterlinefront.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 184
  • frontwaterline1.jpg
    frontwaterline1.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 187
  • turbofront.jpg
    turbofront.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 184
  • waterlinesrearofturbo.jpg
    waterlinesrearofturbo.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 189
  • waterlinestocoolanttube.jpg
    waterlinestocoolanttube.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 184
i used banjo fittings 14mm x1.25 thread with 3/8 hose nipple. ran the hose to the old tb lines off heater pipes. atp turbo sells the banjos. hth tim

I'm using the water cooler lines that came with the turbo, and they have been just fine. Been off and on 3 times, and no leaks so far. Maybe I've just been lucky?

I'm using the water cooler lines that came with the turbo, and they have been just fine. Been off and on 3 times, and no leaks so far. Maybe I've just been lucky?

I bought mine when they first came out. The welds on my kit were not good at all. I believe that this was brought to the attention of the manufacturer and they may have reengineered the product.

Did my homework today, do I pass??:biggrin:
Hi Mark, I would like to purchase the waterline kit for the 6776 and also I am running a stock MAF and I need to convert from the 4 inch turbo inlet down to the 3 inch pipe. Do you have a number I can cal l u at?

Thaks in advance,
keith