You can type here any text you want

new best ET on Champion heads

• Thread starter Thread starter JCotton
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
J

JCotton

Went to the track again last weekend and improved on my ET and MPH. I ran 9.17@149 with plenty more room for improvement. My 2 year old Champ GN1 heads are still going strong, no problems and I'll be looking forward to Etown this weekend, hopefully be able to put a few more lbs of boost into her, if the track is hooking. I've really slowed down in my trips to the track this year, so I haven't had the opportunity to make many passes, only about 30 so far and most of those were during a race so I haven't been able to Test and Tune for my 8 second pass, thats the goal. I'm in no rush, but I am certainly getting closer....... wish me luck

Jack -GOOD LUCK and could you bring my new racegate and angle boss to e-town saturday if not shipped already-i could pick it up there- Thanks

WOW!! You got my attention with that topic title. I didn't realize until I read the post you were talking about a PERSONAL best :)

Congratulations Jack. You're sneaking up on that 8 second time slip. I wouldn't worry about the durabilty of the heads. They will be fine well into the 8's. Good Luck at Englishtown, I was actually going to try and juggle my schedule to go. My Mustang buddy told me it was invitation only. Is this true?

Once again Congratulations! You're doing great with that little turbo!

That's great, Jack. Hopefully I'll see the pumpkin get your 8 on Sunday at Etown. Any chance you will come down on Saturday as well, to get some tuning passes in? Saturday morning is a great tuning time for us slower cars since you can usually drive in circles during the BOP portion. Sat. afternoon is their normal stuff so not so good. I'm trying to decide about going Saturday and Sunday or just Sunday.

Congratulations Jack.

I don't know when you find the time to mess with your car since you're always on the phone.

Ahhh, now I understand, you've moved your office into the car.:D

Jack,

That is great. Good Luck on the 8's.
Are you running a t-88 from turbonetics???

Lets see if I can remember who asked what.

Yes, plan on going to Morrocco, I love that corn field!!!

Yes, it's a Turbonetics and No, it's not an 88. Like Cal said, just a "little" 76 !

Honestly Chris, I don't get time to mess with it, luckily, for some unknown reason, I usually don't have many, if any problems between outing with it!! I have a small list of things I'd "like" to do before Etown, but, between the 40 plus phone calls a day, workin on cars, shipping, taking orders and watching over my "boys" in da shop......... my car "may" get peeeked at before we leave.

Cal, not to worry, your "record" is intact, although the "76" little turbo may hit a number, if I get the"balls" to turn the boost up!!! As for coming up, GET UP HERE, DAMM-T , anyone is invited and welcme, the invitation is for a few perks for some of the really fast guys, like Pete Bernard and co. Anyone can make the field!!

I pln on being there sat and sunday, Matt, parts are on the way... should have them tday.

Yes, 86, I am trying out another turbo. same turbo, just with a 76 wheel. So far, I am absolutely impressed. My goals are for a turbo to run 8's that doesn't require huge stall and can spool as easily as possible. This one is awsome and nasty!!!

Originally posted by JCotton
Yes, 86, I am trying out another turbo. same turbo, just with a 76 wheel. So far, I am absolutely impressed. My goals are for a turbo to run 8's that doesn't require huge stall and can spool as easily as possible. This one is awsome and nasty!!!

Sounds like a pretty good goal to me and very realistic considering how fast your car has already ran.... You da man Jack!:D

BTW Jack, do you plan on coming back down here for the Bradenton Buick event?

Jack thanks for the info.
Just so people know is the "small" 76 you are using in similar
to the FFW 76mm turbo that has made 1000rwhp and gone 165mph plus? What did Kathy tell you the limits of your unit are? I am sure you have several tenths left in your combination based on your tunning skills!

I would love to see some pictures of how you got it to fit with the ATR Headers. Maybe you could post some or udate your web site with pictures of you car?

Good luck and please keep us up to date!!!

That is a good one Chris.
How is your stuff coming along?

Back