You can type here any text you want

New best

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
By a little.. boy is this fun..

Is still a little fat on top.. need to get the fueling dialed in better on these 65's. I also ran an 11.33, 11.42, and an 11.86. The 11.86 was my first run..got a 2.06 60 foot(25 PSI in the tires) forgot to air down the street tires

Was done on 93 Amoco and methanol. 18 degree ME-r chip. I get the fuel dialed in.. its gonna hit 10's.. maybe for Reynolds.

Bringing it to Reynolds? :D

I got the 62 on this past week.

Ill be there, cant wait.

Rob Hinson

You'll get there. Just widdle away at it. Congrats

As an aside, I got a new best also :) 13.62 on a 2.1. Massive wheel hop in this pig. Damn TTA made me loose all my hand foot coordination. Still a little rusty but I'll get there. Only 700 miles on the clock so its still being broke in. There's a forty in it as it sits, just have to learn to drive again :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Razor
Was done on 93 Amoco and methanol. 18 degree ME-r chip. I get the fuel dialed in.. its gonna hit 10's.. maybe for Reynolds.

11, 2sies at 18d?.
Not bad in my book.
And Congrats.....

Congrats! what were your intake temps on any of the runs? It was like 70-75 degrees out if I remember rite.

Bo

Just out of curiousity, how much boost?? And can you post alittle more about your combo?? I'm curious how far I can push mine when I get an alky kit.

Man I feel like i'm running the car on borrowed time. Its a stock bottom end, using cheese Felpro head gaskets. I can only go to the well so many times.. before something lets go. Guess its the price to run a little faster. Last nite on the way home I ran a 427 Cobra on the highway.. we rolled from 80 MPH.. next thing ya know I look in my mirror and he's 4-5 cars back by 120.. look down at my tach at it reads 6000 :eek: immediately shift into OD and pull on him some more.. Its amazing how fast the tach comes up when you get caught up in the heat of the moment. Also played back my boost controller and it spiked to 27.8 PSI .. no wonder he got spanked.. but I was worried I could of hurt something. Well when it breaks.. I have another one on the stand waiting.

Rob, if I can find a trailer, i'm bringing it to Reynolds. I may just decide to drive it up.. just want the insurance if something lets go.. I have a way home. I have a tow dolly, and may just drive the car up and my buddy bring the dolly for the just in case.

If it survives this Thursday nites track visit, and next saturdays Dyno pulls.. it'll be ok.

Rob R.. Go from an 11 second car to a mid 13 second get my ... handed to me ride :D ..

Bruce.. thanks.

Bo.. running 90 degrees through the traps.

That 10 second barrier is like this huge tree.. you keep chopping at it.. either the saw breaks or the tree comes down. Looks like the tree is coming down pretty soon.

Slow91Z.. TE67, 3600 9x11 LU, ported heads and intake, 210/205 cam, 160 stat, front mount, THDP, walbro307, 100% stock rear suspension, 100% stock front suspension(sway bar is still on and connected), ET streets 26x11.5x16's, and a lot of crossing my fingers. And there is zero weight reduction employed.

So basically cam, turbo, heads, converter, and lots of alcohol. I may for winter get a different cam.

Good job Julio!

These cars still rock :) And you US guys are lucky to be able to drive the car... I took my last drive today for the year, washed it and filled up a full tank. I will now have the car garaged until someday in April... Thats the price to live in Sweden, its a loooong winter here :)

Temps right now is 46 and that is warm to be this time of the year.

Good luck with the 10 Julio. Its a big step... but its near.

Daniel

Originally posted by Swede2
Good job Julio!

These cars still rock :) And you US guys are lucky to be able to drive the car... I took my last drive today for the year, washed it and filled up a full tank. I will now have the car garaged until someday in April... Thats the price to live in Sweden, its a loooong winter here :)

Temps right now is 46 and that is warm to be this time of the year.

Good luck with the 10 Julio. Its a big step... but its near.

Daniel

Daniel, It's colder than 46 out right now. Northern U.S. is just as bad I think.
I'm driving it 'till it snows! Cold air & alky = a lot of fun!

Originally posted by Razor
Man I feel like i'm running the car on borrowed time. Its a stock bottom end, using cheese Felpro head gaskets. I can only go to the well so many times.. before something lets go. Guess its the price to run a little faster. Last nite on the way home I ran a 427 Cobra on the highway.. we rolled from 80 MPH.. next thing ya know I look in my mirror and he's 4-5 cars back by 120.. look down at my tach at it reads 6000 :eek: immediately shift into OD and pull on him some more.. Its amazing how fast the tach comes up when you get caught up in the heat of the moment. Also played back my boost controller and it spiked to 27.8 PSI .. no wonder he got spanked.. but I was worried I could of hurt something. Well when it breaks.. I have another one on the stand waiting.

Rob, if I can find a trailer, i'm bringing it to Reynolds. I may just decide to drive it up.. just want the insurance if something lets go.. I have a way home. I have a tow dolly, and may just drive the car up and my buddy bring the dolly for the just in case.

If it survives this Thursday nites track visit, and next saturdays Dyno pulls.. it'll be ok.

Rob R.. Go from an 11 second car to a mid 13 second get my ... handed to me ride :D ..

Bruce.. thanks.

Bo.. running 90 degrees through the traps.

That 10 second barrier is like this huge tree.. you keep chopping at it.. either the saw breaks or the tree comes down. Looks like the tree is coming down pretty soon.

Slow91Z.. TE67, 3600 9x11 LU, ported heads and intake, 210/205 cam, 160 stat, front mount, THDP, walbro307, 100% stock rear suspension, 100% stock front suspension(sway bar is still on and connected), ET streets 26x11.5x16's, and a lot of crossing my fingers. And there is zero weight reduction employed.

So basically cam, turbo, heads, converter, and lots of alcohol. I may for winter get a different cam.

Congrats man. Im praying to the "Turbo Gods" that you get your 10 without any problems. I would love for one of us TTA guys to accomplish 10s on a stock style setup & pump gas.

I have lucked up & will be getting a trailer & truck for reynolds. Just taking it as a safety measure as well. Hoping for some cold weather and looking foward to seeing everyone there.

Rob Hinson

Originally posted by Bobtempest
Congrats man. Im praying to the "Turbo Gods" that you get your 10 without any problems. I would love for one of us TTA guys to accomplish 10s on a stock style setup & pump gas.

I have lucked up & will be getting a trailer & truck for reynolds. Just taking it as a safety measure as well. Hoping for some cold weather and looking foward to seeing everyone there.

Rob Hinson

Rob... as of last night.. I too got a trailer hookup.

I'll be running it this Thursday nite, and putting it on the dyno Saturday.. if it holds through that, i'll be bringing it up.

Back