You can type here any text you want

New Build using front wheel drive roller setup

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Crazi

Why Try...
Snapped some pics while at the shop today... they got the fwd rollers in and also bolted the plate down. Can't wait to hear it run!!

20140311_133313.jpg
20140311_132145.jpg

What cam are you running with that?

The builder spec'd out the cam based on what I told him I wanted to do with the car. Mainly a fun street car with a few trips to the track.

All I know is that lift is just over half inch. Will keep you guys posted once it goes back in the car.

Cam looks close to a Comp 69-400-8 but has a few numbers changed based on what Comp shows on the website.

Just got back from the shop and heard it run! Its as quiet as flat tappets lifter wise. (y)

Drove it around gently for about 5 minutes and the only thing I noticed different was the vacuum was about 11" vs 15-16". Should be picking it up today after work to finish breaking it in, change the oil, and then retune it.

I'ld double check for vacuum leaks b/f blaming the cam.

Went from a 206/206 flat tappet to a 218/212 (or so) roller... Need to check the IAC counts and all tho...

Crazi,

My vacuum went the other way, from 11/12 on the tired old motor to 15/16 on the fresh motor, I would check for leaks also.

Chuck

Drove the car around some more yesterday and noticed this... Car in park has about 15" of vacuum. Still has about 11" hot idle, in drive, at a light. Checked most of the hoses but didn't see anything obvious. Was doing an oil change and double checking all the electrical connections last night. Will follow up on ziptying the hoses and looking for vaccum leaks later today.

So far feels good. Haven't got into boost much at all (maybe 5lbs) because I haven't ziptied everything yet.

stupid question....
how do bolt to transmission/
adaptor required//

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Sorry, its just the fwd roller lifters, dogbones/retainers, and spider. Cam is a normal roller cam. Do a search for fwd roller cam and you should see the thread where I got the idea.

Quick update... Driving the car alot to make sure all the bugs are out and sneaking up on a tune. Have been nailing it here and there playing around. Right now I am stuck at about 18lbs of boost and just traced it to an exhaust leak. Pulls about the same on the butt dyno as before with 26psi.

I had race magnum's on the car and changed to dynomax ultraflows this weekend so now I can hear the small things like valvetrain noise, exhaust leaks, rattles etc. Will report back once I get it worked out.

I run the 218 billet roller cam from weber racing with 1.65 roller rockers. .with this big of cam you won't have the same vacuum as a smaller cam..I bumped up idle and reset iac and tps with no problems. .I run the fwd lifters and dog bones..oil pressure never a problem..

My idle is around 850 rpm. What did you raise yours to? I have just been living with 11" at idle in drive. Triple checked all my lines and couldn't find anything out of place. IAC is ~45 in drive warm...

Nice, glad to see this conversion happening on builds. I will be doing mine next summer.

Try pressurizing the intake to see if you have an intake leak.

Lol... always something. So fixed the exhaust leak and still 18psi. Started checking everything I could think of boost related (don't have a setup to pressurize the intake). I am now thinking it's the waste gate solenoid or the alky hole in the up pipe. Disconnected the solenoid, 18psi.

It clicks when I apply 12v and a ground tho. Are they sensitive to heat maybe? Bought the high boost solenoid from Full Throttle and worked fine prior to the engine build (I thought anyway).

Boost solenoid is fine. Settings in Translator were wrong. Which means it never worked.

Thanks to TurboBob for helping out!!

Is there a shopping list for this roller lifter conversion ?
Sounds like the way to go!

Back