You can type here any text you want

New chip with different injectors?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86SS86LS

I'm looking at replacing my stock injectors with 30 lb injectors. Will I need a new chip?

The 30lb injectors are so close to stock that you should be able to get away with the stock chip. If you are getting new injectors why not go for a bigger injector now instead of doing it again later. The aftermarket chips are so much better than the stock chip as well. A completely stock engine with 50lb injectors and matching chip will run just fine and have room to grow.

Mike

I have fairly modest goals for the car, it will be a high 12 second street car with the stock turbo. I don't have a need for injectors bigger than 30 lbs., I was told that since the stock injectors are 20 years old it would be a good idea to get a newer set. The chip is some unknown aftermarket chip (the previous owner did not know what brand). Since 30 lb aftermarket injectors are close to the same size as stock injectors, will I need a new chip?

If high 12's are your goals, I'd get 36 or 42.5 injectors. I think 12's would be really pushing stock injectors. With a stock turbo, you'll need the boost up around 18-20#. I ran 40#ers for many years, running 12.40s with the stock turbo pushed them to around 95-105% DC with O2s in the 780s and AFR around 12.5.

But, you know once you hit your goal of high 12's...you'll want more...you just don't have the addiction yet...but once started, you can't stop....so get 50's or 60#ers and they drive like a dream even with the stock turbo and few other mods...last injector you'll have to buy if you keep a street car :)

Back