You can type here any text you want

New Cobra gets a Surprise

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

703crewchief

A while back I was out in the T picking up something for my girlfriend. On the return home a black Mustang convertible came by me while I was slowing to an intersection. It had new style SVT wheels, but I thought it was just another GT convertible. From the angle I was at, I caught a glimpse of the hood and realized it was a Snake! An older man with a grey beard and a golfing hat was at the wheel, he never even looked my direction. The intersection we were at had a double turning lane, and he was in the far one so I quickly sidled next to him. My car has an open downpipe so I know he heard me, but still no look. Maybe 10 sec. later the light turned green. I didn't even know if he cared to go or not, but I kept the Buick in low gear until we made it around the corner and I came up next to him jumping a little. He didn't even wait for the third jump and boom he was on it. My boost comes up quick from a roll though and We were door to door. We both hit second in nearly synchrozed fashion. Still side by side then he hit third and lost a bumper, when I hit third his fourth wasn't far behind and he started creeping back up. By the top of third, he had me by a fender. I was stoked though, I had lost by a fender to a Muffstain, but still, it was a supercharged 390 hp Stain! Still the old man never looked and pulled into a bar parking lot. I went home and told my LS1 loving friends and they said bull****, because those Cobras always give them hell. None of those Chevy or Ford boys like it when I tell them all I have is an old Hooker 2 1/2 DP, An old Chip, and a very old K&N.

Those new Cobra's are all that. They are about the only cars I am concerned with on the street if going from a roll. Even up here they have impressive speed. Luckily they cant 60' worth a darn (at least not that I have seen).

Originally posted by XLR8
Those new Cobra's are all that. They are about the only cars I am concerned with on the street if going from a roll. Even up here they have impressive speed. Luckily they cant 60' worth a darn (at least not that I have seen).

They are certainly 'all that'. However, with a good driver they can indeed get a good 60' - my son knocked down solid 1.80's with his '03 Cobra on the stock F-1's after playing a bit with pressure and warming them.

On drag radials, he's getting low 1.70's. :eek:, running solid 11's at 119 mph with only a chip, pulley, belt, and dynomax catback exhaust.

The '03/'04 Cobras are sick - don't take them for granted, even if you've got a 12 second TR. There are many of them running 11's with the same mods my son's has. :eek:

Those Cobras can be quick, I just make sure to run them from a dig so they're in my territory:D My T is nowhere near ready to do battle yet so I need to use my C5 for now. I usually 60' the hell out of them and they can't catch me with a 1/4 mile. The last one I raced ran 11.89 to my 11.71, but his MPH was close to 120 and mine was only 115. I also don't lock my converter, maybe it would make a difference with my 3800 stall.

I've been owned by a couple of 'em on the street. I beat the only one I ever raced at the track because apparently they can be hard to drive for a newbie; he ran a 13.9 @ 108.:D

First time at the track with my new motor(12.0 second car) i got schooled by a gunmetal gray 03 Cobra...the worst part of it was that i had him by at least 3 car lengths off of the launch alone, but boy did he pull me hard beating me by about 3 car lengths at the top end (and that was with his 200lb friend in the passenger seat). He was also on Nitto DR compared to my slicks. I see the guy now and again and he showed me his latest dynos now that he has NOS and he's putting down over 600 horses. At the track however he doesn't look much faster since he just sits there and spins for the first 1/8 mile

Originally posted by jtgn
First time at the track with my new motor(12.0 second car) i got schooled by a gunmetal gray 03 Cobra...the worst part of it was that i had him by at least 3 car lengths off of the launch alone, but boy did he pull me hard beating me by about 3 car lengths at the top end (and that was with his 200lb friend in the passenger seat). He was also on Nitto DR compared to my slicks. I see the guy now and again and he showed me his latest dynos now that he has NOS and he's putting down over 600 horses. At the track however he doesn't look much faster since he just sits there and spins for the first 1/8 mile

Ouch.:eek:

Back