You can type here any text you want

New DFI Gen 7 or FAST upgrade???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

50Bucket

I have been checking into getting either the FAST system or the Gen 7 programmable fuel injection system for my Mustang. At SEMA the guy at the Axcel booth said they would have some new stuff out for the beginnining of the new year and would be showing at PRI. Did anyone see the new stuff they have to offer? I saw some cool things on there about turbo applications and some boost control thing. I was compareing it to the FAST system and they also said they have something new coming out, I am wondering what the differences between the two will be. Seems like there is some good info here, anyone shed any light on this stuff or anything for the matter. I am looking to do a turbo or twin setup on my car soon, trying to line all this stuff up.

Thanks

Some of the new features in the ACCEL/DFI Gen 7 system upgrade to be released in January:

Plug 'N Play precalibrated systems for common crate engine packages

Built in function to help turbo cars launch quicker

Dual fan outputs

2 new injection strategies for staged and tbi applications

Accelerator pump shot simulation

Program fuel map with injector pulse width/duty cycle values

More nitrous options

3-D table editing

Higher resolution RPM signals

Unbelievable idle control and driveability for street cars

Wow, thats a lot of new stuff....When is this supposed to be out compared to buying a 7 now? That might make it more worth checking into if you are going turbo in a street car.

DFIguy,

Which of the Accel certified Installation Centers are most experienced putting these units in, tweaking/driving the car thoroughly, and perhaps have an inhouse chassis dyno ?

I know the list of Install shops is on the Gasket site, but they're not all equally experienced or equipped.

Anywhere East of Mississippi River that meets these criteria?

TIA!!

:) :)

Huh, thats quite a bit more intense then I had expected...This is a newer version or release or whatever then is out now I take it? I might have to start checking into the Gen 7 a bit more. Haven't seen much on the FAST updates yet though. Anybody heard anything about it?

Originally posted by Two Lane
DFIguy,

Which of the Accel certified Installation Centers are most experienced putting these units in, tweaking/driving the car thoroughly, and perhaps have an inhouse chassis dyno ?

I know the list of Install shops is on the Gasket site, but they're not all equally experienced or equipped.

Anywhere East of Mississippi River that meets these criteria?

TIA!!

:) :)

Good, Bad or indifferent they (EMIC's) can all lock you out of your computer with a password. Any screens they choose! Not my choice for customer service.

Originally posted by Superskwrl
Does anyone know if DFI has got the wb02 straightened out and working 100%???

Be careful asking that question! When I did I was told how little I know by the DFI guy.

TwoLane: Second Street Speedshop in PA, or Turbo People in New York come to mind, both are very well trained in the system.

When you (anyone) talk to an EMIC on the list, be sure to ask if they have been to the DFI Gen 7 training class, or how many systems they have installed. Not all have been to the classes yet, but all will be required to attend by a certain date, or they will be unable to sell the product.

The Wideband O2 sensor has always worked -- it was intended for normally aspirated applications only. A new WB sensor package is on the way that will function for ALL applications, boosted or not. Additionally, the output of the new sensor will be able to be read by a voltmeter, so you can wire up a gauge to your instrument panel and view a:f ratio constantly. This should be available soon, possibly as part of the system upgrade in January.

blownvette: Get a(nother) clue. Just because a password feature is available, it doesn't mean that the dealer has to use it. We already covered this in a previous thread, there's no need to bring it up again here. Go play somewhere else.

Thanks for your help!!

Much Appreciated!!

I'm really "pumped" on getting the Gen 7+ DFI system on in early Feb., so getting these details now really help.

:) :) :)

Originally posted by aDFIguy
Some of the new features in the ACCEL/DFI Gen 7 system upgrade to be released in January:
Plug 'N Play precalibrated systems for common crate engine packages
Built in function to help turbo cars launch quicker
Dual fan outputs
2 new injection strategies for staged and tbi applications
Accelerator pump shot simulation
Program fuel map with injector pulse width/duty cycle values
More nitrous options
3-D table editing
Higher resolution RPM signals
Unbelievable idle control and driveability for street cars

Is this official?.
Are you a rep for them?

It's about as official as info posted on an internet BBS can be. The new systems were shown at SEMA in November, and at the PRI tradeshow in Indianapolis earlier this month. It is expected that the systems will be available before the end of January. Horsepower TV is broadcasting an episode about the Plug 'N Play systems on January 4th.

Horsepower TV Jan 4th 2003

New Gen 7

Yes, DFIGUY is corect. It is on the way and we have one that we are testing. All the above is ture but I would say that it will be mid Feb. and not End of Jan. Mr. Gasket it just that way. Hpe we can help.

Anything on the new upcoming FAST system??? Seems like the Gen 7 has a bit more to offer so far...

From what i've HEARD the only thing new for FAST is a software upgrade, the new system is not coming out for some time, i haven't heard any projected release date for it.

I was all set to buy FAST but the new Gen7 features are very tempting (mainly drivability) I wish i new some1 who had tried both systems on a application similar to mine. Who would give un biased info.

We have a projected release date for a new system of late spring/early summer. There will be a press release with an official list of features in the new product. Until then I can tell you that there will be lots more inputs and outputs and much more user configurability. All systems will have all features, basically. No more giving up one thing to get another.

There are many, many other things we've got up our sleeves that I'm not yet going to discuss, but we are going to have lots of neat stuff to tell you about soon.

As far as pitting one system against another and looking at drivability as an issue, keep in mind that drivability is not some part that you can stuff in a box and call it a feature. There are ways that an ECU works that could allow for better drivability tuning, but drivability is almost entirely a tuning issue. I've tuned a lot of cars with FAST systems and every one I've ever done idles and drives like a dream, and it is EASY to do.

I'll post more info on the new system as it becomes official.

Back