You can type here any text you want

NEW engine build

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

buickgn87

Banned
I'd like to get some opinions on this combo. And what the potential performance could be.

109 +.030, stock crank, steel rods, forged pistons-moly rings
stock heads w/comp 980 springs
204/214 flat tappet cam
pt6765 billet turbo
ptc 10" 3200 nlu
80# injectors
stock intercooler
stock throttle body/plenum/intake
3" downpipe, ext gate

the heads and fully stock intercooler would be the limiting factor in your combo, but id say for hp you could get 360ish at the tires on pump gas alone, and 450ish on race fuel....but why would you put a big turbo/injectors/stall on a car that'll have stock heads/intercooler and computer?

thanks slim. i went 11.55 @ 118 with same combo except: gt6776e turbo, pte front mount, 3400 LU converter. all else was the same on this build even the heads. car weighed 3650# with me. 110 gas 25` timing 27# boost.:eek:

according to the online calculators that's
computed from your vehicle MPH is 432.23 rear wheel HP and 480.26 flywheel HP

so, if I wanna go fast I need some heads and an intercooler. I'm good with that.

I'm wondering why the steel rods and not a forged crank? The stock rods are stronger than the stock crank as far as flex.

I'm wondering why the steel rods and not a forged crank? The stock rods are stronger than the stock crank as far as flex.

Don't have the money for a forged crank.
I have a good std/std turbo crank. I don't have any decent stock rods. So if I have to buy rods, might as well get good ones.

thanks slim. i went 11.55 @ 118 with same combo except: gt6776e turbo, pte front mount, 3400 LU converter. all else was the same on this build even the heads. car weighed 3650# with me. 110 gas 25` timing 27# boost.:eek:

according to the online calculators that's
computed from your vehicle MPH is 432.23 rear wheel HP and 480.26 flywheel HP

so, if I wanna go fast I need some heads and an intercooler. I'm good with that.

word. even if you only do a clean up to the bowl area and throw in a higher rocker ratio, itll still do wonders. im currently running 115 on my stock headed regal with just pump gas no alky, and i fully expect to go 120+ when i put heads on it

Back