You can type here any text you want

New Goodyear Drag Radials

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I've seen them in the Summit catalog. They look to be more expensive than most. I've not heard of anyone around here using them.

From a limited conversation with a guy at a speed shop he said the sidewalls are softer than the Mickeys, so they're not so good on street use, but he said they hook better.

But I have no first hand experience.

i have tried them,they are much softer you can stick your fingernail in the tread very easily,but they do wear out much faster than the other.very very soft compound

i have tried them,they are much softer you can stick your fingernail in the tread very easily,but they do wear out much faster than the other.very very soft compound

Do they stick better then the mickey's on the street?

I have found that running mid 11's the M/T hooked great then into the mid 10's they would just go up in smoke. I was buying a set every 2 months. :eek:
Now I run the car at the track with slicks and every once in a while I'll go to a car show "street". I need a new set of DR's and was indecisive about buying the Hoosiers DR's, or Goodyear DR's.

my friend has a 9sec supercharged mustang and i have watched him many times pull the wheels on the street with the goodyears,my we4 was a low 11sec car and i had good luck with them.its like going from a nitto to a bfg then to a mt and then to goodyear,its like different steps of tires.i wouldn't say there is a real big difference between the goodyear and the mt but there for sure is some,remember they will wear out very fast

The quickest/fastest Drag Radial cars are still running the M/Ts so I kinda find it hard to believe they hook any better:confused:

goodyears are still new to the market,i have quite a few friends that switched over to the goodyears including my self and we all say they hook better,now in all honesty i would not buy them again due to the fact they wear out vey fast and are more $$$$,i will buy mt's next time due to the wear factor and the $$$$$,but yes the goodyears will grip like nothing else i have seen out of a drag radial.i have watched a friend of mine lift the wheels on the street with them.its up to you guys to decide,you never know till you try them,but if you are happy with the mt's and they work for you then i why not save the money and stick with them

I hate goodyear street tires so I dont think I'll be getting these either. MT's or Nitto's For me!!

Back