New guy with a question

Hey Skin

Just a hello From Ontario Canada, very glad to have joined the community. Looking forward to being schooled on the TB's. Recently purchased my teenage dream car, an 87 GN with 43,000 kms ( 27,000 miles).

Although I do believe my car is low mileage ( body dictates ) due diligence - looking for suggestions on tell tale signs of odometer roll over or altering.

Thanks muck!

Off
Just a hello From Ontario Canada, very glad to have joined the community. Looking forward to being schooled on the TB's. Recently purchased my teenage dream car, an 87 GN with 43,000 kms ( 27,000 miles).

Although I do believe my car is low mileage ( body dictates ) due diligence - looking for suggestions on tell tale signs of odometer roll over or altering.

Thanks muck!
Obvious that I'm new to the sit, perhaps I should have just said hello and then posted my question on a thread. Might need a suggestion on top to thread

Thanks muck!

It can be tough. Look at the wear parts like steering wheel, pedals, the seats seem to hold up pretty good in these cars though. Of course all that can be changed. Probably the underside/frame, trunk, door hinge area would be alarm bells if they just don't quite look 43k and more 143k. But if you can't tell and carfax shows it then just go with it unless something rears it's ugly head down the road.

I would think that car fax or past registration should be documented somewhere.
Congrats on the GN. Post up a pic when you get a chance.

Oh yea! Welcome and happy spooling.:)
Mike Barnard

Here is some odometer roll back info. It's for a digital dash but still applicable on an analog dash.

Attachments

• odometer FYI.pdf
    121.8 KB · Views: 313
Sorry for my tardiness in reply(s) of thanks. All recommendations were well observed. So far so good until I find otherwise.

Thanks muck!

When I bought mine with 39,000 original miles. I was also sketchy. However, the carfax and title reflected the same so it gave me some comfort. Luckily, I lived in Arizona at the time and very close to Nick Micale who is very well know and respected on TB's board. He too schooled me on what to look for. Wear on Steering wheel, console, interior etc,,, amongst other things as stated earlier. Also, he was able confirm he believed it was a 39k mile car. I've learned so much from everyone here and I'm handy with a wrench so by asking questions & using using the search tool I have saved A LOT of money by doing things myself.

Welcome to the board!

Last edited:
When I bought mine with 39,000 original miles. I was also sketchy. However, the carfax and title reflected the same so it gave me some comfort. Luckily, I lived in Arizona at the time and very close to Nick Micale who is very well know and respected on TB's board. He too schooled me on what to look for. Wear on Steering wheel, console, interior etc,,, amongst other things as stated earlier. Also, he was able confirm he believed it was a 39k mile car. I've learned so much from everyone here and in handy with a wrench so by asking questions & using using the search tool I have saved A LOT of money by doing things myself.

Welcome to the board!

What he said.;)
Especially about Nick Micale.
Still waiting on that picture.:D

Mike B.