New Guy

S

Shrimpy

I have been lurking for several months and have gained a wealth of knowledge from you guys. Only problem is I can't always follow the abbreviations. Is there a page that has some of the more common abbrev. spelled out for us novices!!!! As you can see form my sig my GN is bone stock but I am begining to get the bug:D :D . I am not a complete novice to turbo vehicles, I hang out at the Turbo Diesel Register. Gas and Diesel performance are two completely differant animals, but the turbo's do the magic. Over there you aren't moving any air unless you are hitting 45+ psi Boost. Several of the daily drivers have clicked off mid to high 12's in 7000+ pound truck. Thanks for the help if it is avaliable.

Jim

Probably not....just ask. We get enuf "what size turbo?" questions that we don't mind explaining abbreviations.

ecm electronic control module or computer
maf mass air flow sensor
esc electronic spark control
tb throttlebody
ic intercooler
map manifold air pressure
mat mainifold air temperature
tcc Torque converter control solenoid???
cts coolant temperature sensor
tps throttle position sensor
iac idle air control solenoid
ccci computer controlled coil ignition

That's about all I can think of at the moment. If you go to www.gnttype.org and go to the tech resources, you will find diagramps of the major components, etc. plus some good recipe articles and maintenance instructions. :)

Thanks for the fast response Steve, I appreciate it.

To follow up, what size exhaust housings come on the stockers ? Do you guys change turbos for larger charge side impellars or simply increase or decrease th exhaust housing depending on what you want, i.e. quicker spool up, lower egt's,

Thanks again!!!!

Thanks to you to Two Lane !!!!!!