You can type here any text you want

New "Kid" in town.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNeric

I am on my way to lunch today when I spot this tubbed black 81 Firebird with a round pro stock hood scoop on it. Car had headers hanging underneath it and what look like some of the old Purple Hornies under the car too. :rolleyes: I turned the XM down and listened to him go past me at the stop light. Sounds like it has maybe a 268 duration cam at best. So I make the left and go after him to see what's up. I get next to him and drop it down out of drive and pace him at almost 30mph. He looks left at me and nails it. I nail it and completely left him by at least 4 cars in what seemed like 1 second. His car made a lot of noise but didn't go anywhere. When mine shifted to second, it threw the back sideways just a little bit and the tires barked real loud. Boy...it would REALLY would have been embarrassing for him if I was in the GN. I was in my 91 S10 with a 4.3, D5 convertered/700R4. :biggrin:

I had left my cell phone in my toolbox at work and I always have it with me. It would have been great to get some vid of it. I keep it ready now in case I see him again. He looked like he was maybe 20 years old at best. Young kid. Probably just bought the car. Car looked good from far but was far from good. ;)

Good Kill.

My soon to be 15 years old son Vinny who is into fast cars big time has me pick him up from high school baseball practice in the Turbo so everyone can see him get into it.

Well one of the kids is a flaming ricer (they all eyeballed it as I circled the parking lot to get to where they were to pick up Vinny) with a V-Tek in his Del Sol and wants to race the T.

"Now that's funny!"

Vinny is looking for a clean 80's Regal after I told him he could have one of my 455 BBB's to put in it for his first car. He found this T-Shirt that says "I Don't Race Side Dishes". He wears it to school and catches flak for it.

Mikey

I think that Firebird just slow as Fu-heck. Nothing done to S10 except hollowed out cat, 2025 stall in the 700, and a PowerTrax unit in the diff. 211,xxx miles on it. I have an extra 4.3 block and crank and I think I want to put together a 202/202 roller cam engine with injectors at each port and a hotair turbo that I have lying around. :D

you got anything done to that 4.3, or was the firebird really just that slow?

Back