You can type here any text you want

New M/T tires on 16" wheel?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

yosimdisam

Banned
I have the 16" x 10" custom GNX style wheels from gbody parts and I see where mickey thompson et street radial has some new tire sizes, and they have another 16" tire size out it is 315/45/16 and was wondering if anyone knew if they would fit on a GN. Thanks any help would be appreciated.

They should fit...:confused: ...depending on the rear spacing of your wheels. Right now, I have some M&H 275-55-16's mounted on 10" wide rims with a rear spacing of 4.25". They measure 28" tall with a section width of 10.4" and I still have some room (not a lot though...:rolleyes: ) between the tire sidewall and the frame.
By comparison, the ones you're referring to (M/T 315-45-16's) are 27.2" tall and a section width of 12.6"...they would be close and probably the largest you can stuff in there without having some rubbing issues.

Claude :)

Thanks, I was told today that mickey thompson has another tire it is a 295 series and it will be available I think the 24th of this month and I think im going to wait and get them, thanks for your help though.

what are the specs on the 295? I'm guessing it's a new size they're adding to their drag radial line up?

what are the specs on the 295? I'm guessing it's a new size they're adding to their drag radial line up?

M/T 295-50-16's are 27.7" tall and have a section width of 12.1" which puts them bwtween the 275's and the 315's...

Claude.

Back