New Member, First Turbo Buick!

Gregory Kamphouse

Hello Turbo Buick Gang,
After waiting and searching for 6 or 7 years I finally found my first Turbo Regal! I was trying to find a solid 86 0r 87 for under $8k, which is not a very easy task. Anyway, I found this 87 T on craigslist on Vancouver Island listed for $8k . Seller really knew nothing about the car and simply wanted the "ugly thing" out from under the carport, as he was unwilling to store it for another winter. He explained to me that this car had belonged to his girlfriend's ex-husband, who had passed away a few years back, and that she had put him in charge of selling it. He was annoyed by the whole situation and just wanted to know if I wanted it and if I was going to make them an offer or not. The car was really in surprisingly decent shape. Very minimal rust, straight body with original paint and fillers, clean engine, and best of all....I found a folder of receipts in the truck that totaled about $10k in all of the work that had been done from 06-11, including fully rebuilt engine, tranny/stall converter, brake conversion, reconditioned wheels, new tires, all new wires, hoses, clamps, mounts, etc.......the list goes on.
This bad-boy is mine now, I love it, and I can't wait for the day she gets her new gunmetal grey paint and new performance parts.
Oh, I almost forgot......I bought it for $3,800

Cheers!

View attachment 261608 View attachment 261609

Congrats on a screamin deal. I dig the black and silver.
Welcome to the site. Let us know if you have any questions and happy spooling.:)

Mike Barnard

That's too bad. There's actually quite a few locally.
With the exchange rate I'm suprised more Americans buy from up here.
Out of curiosity how's the process importing to the States?, I've imported a car into Canada before and it was quite easy.