new member from maine

luckyone

hello everyone, just found this site and have always liked the turbo buicks especially when i attended new england dragway in n.h back in the early 90's when i saw the potential of these cars.i have owned many cars including a 72 skylark i wished i never got rid of. actually i got rid of a few nice cars with the fact that starting a family would take most of the funding so i put cars on the back burner and sold them off. now fast foward to today i have bought 2 turbo cars but they are not buicks :eek:however they are related!;) they are both 80 turbo trans am's, all original and are the first turbo cars that i ever owned so i have been on a quest to learn as much as i can about these cars and how very similar the early 3.8 turbo cars share alot of the same basics engineering...(after all they are gm cousins) anyway look foward to learning and sharing if possible in the coming days with you all.

hello everyone, just found this site and have always liked the turbo buicks especially when i attended new england dragway in n.h back in the early 90's when i saw the potential of these cars.i have owned many cars including a 72 skylark i wished i never got rid of. actually i got rid of a few nice cars with the fact that starting a family would take most of the funding so i put cars on the back burner and sold them off. now fast foward to today i have bought 2 turbo cars but they are not buicks :eek:however they are related!;) they are both 80 turbo trans am's, all original and are the first turbo cars that i ever owned so i have been on a quest to learn as much as i can about these cars and how very similar the early 3.8 turbo cars share alot of the same basics engineering...(after all they are gm cousins) anyway look foward to learning and sharing if possible in the coming days with you all.

301 V8 is no way related the V6 231 Turbo. A breed of their own. :p I'd do a long search before you did any work to the cars!!

thanks for the welcome guy's and sorry grumpy, i ment a lot in common to the carbed ( pre sfi) turbo/engines