You can type here any text you want

New paint coming soon....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I finally gave in and sent my car in to get painted. Debated for months on leaving it alone, doing minor correction, or going all out. Well, going all out won. Disassembled, stripped to bare metal, any and all imperfections repaired and then refinished in OEM black. Couple of pics before and a couple of pics as of two days ago.

damn man looked clean before the paint .I will have that decision to make in due time.

Thank you. It wasn't too terribly bad for 27 year old paint.....but the photos hide a lot. Once mine is complete and my bank account recovers....(hopefully), I'll let you know if I made the right decision.

Awesome job. !!! It's so weird how the headlight bezels always look sagging in pictures when they're really not. Mine do the same.

I see what you mean. Almost like lazy eye. hahahaha. Must be the angle ?? Doesn't appear like that in this pic.

What does a paint job like that set you back? I help with my last one and we did the same I still had to come 5k out of my pocket...

Well, while I was at it, went ahead and replaced all of the rubber seals. T-tops, doors, window sweeps and all. So it was figured into the total. Plus the car was essentially disassembled (including the glass and interior components) then totally stripped to bare metal. After the paint was applied they spent hours wet sanding, buffing and polishing. It took put an enormous dent in my wallet....but I'm glad I didn't cut corners now. I had been saving coins for quite sometime to have it done.

Yeah I replaced all mine with GM weather striping, keep it clean and it'll treat ya well :) looks good.

Back