New Powermaster brake accumulator

Any date on package?I know these are the last run type accumulator by color band and wrench hex at ball end.But these things will lose charge just sitting on shelf over time.Any input would be appreciated.thx

suicide six said:
Any date on package?I know these are the last run type accumulator by color band and wrench hex at ball end.But these things will lose charge just sitting on shelf over time.Any input would be appreciated.thx

I'm out of town on business. I'll check when I get home tomorrow night. I don't recall seeing any dates, but I'll look for you.

I know that it has been said by all of the experts that the accumulator bowls can/will lose their charge just sitting idle on the shelf, but I have yet to read on any of the turbo Buick boards or hear 1st hand that someone installed a accumulator bowl that they knew to be brand new, never installed original and that it had bled down or leaked. I am not saying that it can't happen, but that if it does it is such a small percentage to be inconsequencial. I have 2 brand new in the box hidden away and I am 100% confident that when my 18k mile one goes out, they will perform without a hiccup. Also, Kirban's has brand new manufactured ones slightly different for around $160, I believe. I believe that they carry a guarantee.
That's just me, though.
HTH

Just this week,May have been on this site that a guy purchased a new kirban type accumulator and charge acted as if it was low.I realize this individual may have had another problem but kirban did ask that he return it and would send him another.Its a rubberish bladder and these materials will detiorate over time.It just seems that some last longer than others.Replacing these every other year gets old.Converting the brake system is the answer when if nothing else you look at the cost.

suicide six said:
Just this week,May have been on this site that a guy purchased a new kirban type accumulator and charge acted as if it was low.I realize this individual may have had another problem but kirban did ask that he return it and would send him another.Its a rubberish bladder and these materials will detiorate over time.It just seems that some last longer than others.Replacing these every other year gets old.Converting the brake system is the answer when if nothing else you look at the cost.
-----------------------------------
I commend Kirban for his honesty and integrity for asking for the return so that he may examine it, but we really don't know that it is defective yet. I have been into turbo Buicks for 10 years now, having owned 4 other turbo Buicks plus the one that I have now. It has been my experience with these cars is that you lose about 2-3 powermaster accumulator bowls for powermaster that goes out. I have had to have replaced about 6 or 7 accumulator bowls on those 5 cars and not one of them did I feel that it bled prematurely. Not everybody likes the conversion, too. Anyhow, hope that all goes well for you on this.

I checked and there are no dates on the box.

I've owned my '86 T-Type since 1992 and I've heard those rumors too but never had a problem when installing a new accumulator on my or friends cars. Not to say it couldn't happen I guess. If the winning bidder wants me to check it on my car before paying me I will.