You can type here any text you want

New Project.... 1983 Porsche 944

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BuickFan25

First off, let me start by saying howdy...

My new project is a Porsche 944, that i want to drop a Turbo Buick motor into...

I have had two different buicks, turbo-t and grand national... so ia m very familiar with the motor, just need help with ideas and how to's..

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Hank

Hey welcome and nice project. The swap should be fairly straight forward until you get to the wiring. A lot of guys use casperselectronics.com for a harness for adapting the wiring to another car. If you want to build the wiring yourself just ask, I went this route and have some good sketches and diagrams that can be useful. Good luck!

Refresh my memory. Does the 944 have a transaxle instead of a transmission. I recall (or think I do) that it has some sort of a dirrect driveshaft from the engine back to the transaxle assembly. In other words it doesn't have a standard rear end like a regular rear wheel drive car. I've never owned one so I'm probably not right.:) I've always wanted to put a GN engine in a 914 or even a 911 but as far as I got was finding and buying the adapter plate and flywheel for the GN engine to the porshe trans. Good luck and keep us posted.
Steve

Yeah... it uses driveshaft tubes...

The 944 does use a sort of direct drive... there r adapters for SBC swaps, but I dont want to do that one...

The 944 does use a sort of direct drive... there r adapters for SBC swaps, but I dont want to do that one...
what about putting the adapter in there and then using the Chevy to BOP-C bellhousing adapter to get it to mate up? I'm assuming this thing has like a C5/6 torque tube setup with an engine speed driveshaft inside of a tube connected to the front of the trans axle.

Yep...

U absolutely correct, on the driveshaft tube... I will look into the adapter u were talkin about..

Thanks..

One more thing...

Anyone out there using the T/A performance aluminum motor for their car...

thanks

They are not that common as they are expensive and take a lot of the prep work that a stock block had done by GM but they are very nice motors after you get them up and running.

Back